mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like that '99.
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
What's the difference between a cactus and a Corvette?

With a cactus, the pricks are on the outside.

The only Vette I'd consider would have to be one with an LS motor in it - the oldschool smallblocks are nice but they run out of steam after 4500 RPM. Even my LT1 keeps pulling at 5 grand.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Conker

i love my 78 vette, silver, t-tops, wish i was home to drive it now, the weather is begging for it to be driven
Old 07-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Old Corvettes were impressive performance FOR THEIR TIME FRAME. The fact of the matter is the last of the Neons had similiar horsepower numbers to the early emmissions Corvettes (75-80). Old Corvettes have suspension that is about equivilant to go-carts.

I had a 75 convertible. I had a lot of fun with it and it was a great car. I really enjoyed it. That being said I knew what it was and what it was not. It was an awesome car compared to those of 1975. Compared to modern cars... not so much. If you are wanting one for the "cool" factor they have them. For performance you have to go to the modern ones.

Also be aware you step down into them and step up out of them. They are not exactly easy to get in and out of (the 84's up especially). Awesome cars though just know what they are (and what they are not)
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Don't know much about Corvettes, but this one was in the shop where I work when I started. Was parked there for almost 25 years. We got it out and the shop owner had it worked on and can now drive it again. He bought it new in '67 and used it for about 20 years. Engine is the 427 with 3 carbs and all that could be ordered, that's what they told me. Now, there's 2 more lathes and space to walk instead of that Corvette there at the shop.

Looking for:
BPS Reflex parts
MorueM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hardtop, nice!!! If I'm not mistaken, the first 3 generations had build numbers leaning toward the 'vert side, making the hardtops a bit rarer. Fully optioned big block on top of that, and you have a six figure car (at least it was worth that about five years ago).
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Ew, C4's are hideous.... I vote no.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
This. THIS. THIS

THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat