mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Our local "speed trap" just got busted pocketing the money from tickets...

Unreal... This area almost ALWAYS has a speed trap running... On 75 in the Nati.

Arlington Heights Speed Trap History | Scott Sloan - Cincinnati Reds - 700WLW - THE BIG ONE

After this was aired, the radio guy was "visited" after his shift by a few "guys" who threatened to shut him up as police members have families to feed, according to what he is talking about now on 700wlw...

Conceal carry now being discussed as he has a permit but can't carry at his work... Even after being threatened while at work.

Crazy.

Last edited by FreeEnterprise; 07-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

wow, quarter million...

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Small town with crooked government? Looks like they need to call the A-team.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Conceal carry now being discussed as he has a permit but can't carry at his work... Even after being threatened while at work.

Crazy.
That's crap. One more +1 for FL imo. While an employer in FL can prohibit CCW while at work, they can't interfere with you having it locked in your vehicle for access during off duty hours.

Then again, to me "concealed carry" means NOBODY knows you're carrying to begin with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Small town with crooked government? Looks like they need to call the A-team.
I laughed.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
OP, your title is a bit misleading.

I just listened to the interview. The police officers were being used, unwittingly, as agents of theft....the I-team investigator even explained so. It was local, crooked, inbred politicians pocketing the money and cooking the books. If there were any police officials directly involved...then let 'em hang, for tarnishing the badge and public trust. But it doesn't sound it...sounds like the previous two chiefs had contacted the BCI/AG's office about the issue (which might be the reason they are now "previous" chiefs).

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have listened to 12 minutes of this and this is just down right dirty. I hope the guilty culprits get what is coming to them because they deserve every bit of it.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

There is lots more...

The guy that aired this on 700 was "visited" by two thugs who told him something to the effect of officers have families to feed and he needs to shut up or something bad will happen to him. The obvious conjecture is they were police officers...

He almost quit his job over it, as he doesn't want to lose his life over a radio show...

This area of highway is a really dangerous place to run speed traps, as it is curving bridges and underpasses, and the cops are almost always there pulling people over (they look for out of town tags, I have heard).

Accidents are pretty common and the cause is often the speed trap or the officers pulling out in front of people. We have even had dump trucks go OFF the bridge because of it. Many fatalities... And yet it has gone on since I moved here in 94.

Speed Traps | Letters to the Editor

Here is the crux of the story written.

I-Team: Drivers pay up and put down Arlington Heights

Are there good cops, of course, but conversely there are also bad cops... My cousin is a sergeant with a local police department, and he does a great job.

Course, then we also have officers like Daniel Harless up in Canton, who was allowed to get away with unbelievable acts for YEARS...

Ohio CHL-holder files civil rights suit against Canton officer who threatened to execute him

And now in my town we literally have unmarked vehicles that take pictures of you speeding and mail you a ticket... And the company that sells the secret vehicles actually gets to keep part of the revenue they bring in in "fines"... So they are hidden all over the city, and moved daily...

Unmanned Police Vehicles Lead To Decrease In Citations, Crashes | Ohio News Network Columbus, Ohio
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
There is lots more...

The guy that aired this on 700 was "visited" by two thugs who told him something to the effect of officers have families to feed and he needs to shut up or something bad will happen to him. The obvious conjecture is they were police officers...

He almost quit his job over it, as he doesn't want to lose his life over a radio show...

This area of highway is a really dangerous place to run speed traps, as it is curving bridges and underpasses, and the cops are almost always there pulling people over (they look for out of town tags, I have heard).

Accidents are pretty common and the cause is often the speed trap or the officers pulling out in front of people. We have even had dump trucks go OFF the bridge because of it. Many fatalities... And yet it has gone on since I moved here in 94.

Speed Traps | Letters to the Editor

Here is the crux of the story written.

I-Team: Drivers pay up and put down Arlington Heights

Are there good cops, of course, but conversely there are also bad cops... My cousin is a sergeant with a local police department, and he does a great job.

Course, then we also have officers like Daniel Harless up in Canton, who was allowed to get away with unbelievable acts for YEARS...

Ohio CHL-holder files civil rights suit against Canton officer who threatened to execute him

And now in my town we literally have unmarked vehicles that take pictures of you speeding and mail you a ticket... And the company that sells the secret vehicles actually gets to keep part of the revenue they bring in in "fines"... So they are hidden all over the city, and moved daily...

Unmanned Police Vehicles Lead To Decrease In Citations, Crashes | Ohio News Network Columbus, Ohio
there was a story about how a bunch of kids got their neighborhood to stop using speeding cameras. i think they have teachers they didn't like, so they find a car that is the same model as the ones owned by the teachers, and then put fake plates on those same models to purposefully speed past the cameras. the cameras were then no longer used due to that unreliability.

ah, here it is:
DailyTech - Students Use Speed Cameras to Frame Innocent Drivers, Prank Teachers

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

wow, that is pretty funny. Course, they could really throw the book at those kids too...

Here is the video of the radio guy being confronted after work... Someone had the presence of mind to video it. Clearly that realization from the bald guy caused the situation to neutralize.

Cops confront scott sloan - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJYQU3TlkjM
Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
wow, that is pretty funny. Course, they could really throw the book at those kids too...

Here is the video of the radio guy being confronted after work... Someone had the presence of mind to video it. Clearly that realization from the bald guy caused the situation to neutralize.

Cops confront scott sloan - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJYQU3TlkjM
wow, there's already a comment, "obviously fake."

i have half a mind to post "obviously one of the thugs in this video got a youtube account to try to dismiss this video by calling it fake." even if i'm wrong he would still be getting a taste of his own medicine.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat