mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   I'm 20, and feel like I'm falling apart. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/208461-im-20-feel-like-im-falling-apart.html)

PAINTBALL GUY 3 07-18-2012 11:01 AM

I'm 20, and feel like I'm falling apart.

Good day lad's,

So, the last couple months I've been away from home in the name of work. It's not been terribly hard work, and the family I'm staying with (good family friends) have been treating me very well. In fact, I have assumed the role of the cook and make fairly good lunches (egg/ chicken/ steak/ect. wraps/sandwichs/ ect.) every morning for myself, the boss and his daughter as well as semi fancy dinners at least once a week. Needless to say, I eat well.

But anyway, the problem I'm having is the joints in my lower legs and lower arms (knees, elbows, wrists) are aching and sensitive. My elbows are an especially sensitive area, but I have a good idea as to why. About 5 months ago, I was building an outdoor BBQ using large flat stones, lifting all by hand. I lifted one, which was about the size of a large desk top fax machine (I'd say alittle less then 200 lbs) and heard both elbows "snap". There was a burning feeling very shortly after, but was gone that day so I never thought anything of in untill now. Apart of my work is attaching and detaching semi trailers, which means operating a crank for the dollys and throwing around heavy wooden pads. Very simple, but still hard on my arm joints.

I weigh aprox. 145 lbs, 5' 9" aprox., I can lift my own weight plus no problem, I go for semi fast paced walks every night for at least an hour. I don't consider myself "thin", and find that I have a reasonable amount of muscle mass.

So what do you people of wellness think? Any recommendations for what I can do to strengthen my joints or relieve the pain? Any more details I can give that'll help you help me?

Thanks much.

Ti

Stilgar 07-18-2012 11:12 AM

Go to the doc and get checked out dude. They will have answers for you or can point you to professionals who will have answers...

Bloop 07-18-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilgar (Post 2414796)
Go to the doc and get checked out dude. They will have answers for you or can point you to professionals who will have answers...

x2 if you have a condition that is this serious you should go to a doctor, not ask us. It sounds like though your bones might be a bit weak or something?

Kayleekat 07-18-2012 11:19 AM

sounds like arthritis, i have it in both knees one hip and my spine. i'm too young to feel this old.

tlane77 07-18-2012 11:20 AM

I'm not a doctor but I am very experienced in sports medicine/orthopedics. The movement you made to pick up the stone is classic for distal biceps tendon rupture. Not saying you did but you could have twinged it.

It could be a good amount of other things like an ulna nerve problem or along those lines but I am willing to bet it's your tendon.

Pump_Action_Prophet 07-18-2012 12:11 PM

I went through about the same thing when I was your age. Doctor figured I was just growing, it's not uncommon for a male around your age to grow a little more.

If I could suggest anything to you it would be drink plenty of water, maybe some halibut or cod liver oil capsules for the joints, and just keep workin' and exercising and keep eating healthy.

BTW, do you do any aggressive mountain biking, dirt biking, or quading?

Those activities are actually what led to my pains, I did'nt grow at all :p

mtaylor 07-18-2012 01:23 PM

See a doctor. It can't hurt.

Deuce 07-18-2012 01:34 PM

Sounds like inflammation to me. Normal thing when doing manual labor that you aren't used to doing. I'd take some ibuprofen and see if that helps. If not then follow up with a doc.

PAINTBALL GUY 3 07-19-2012 12:03 AM

Yes, I will be getting something set up with a doctor as soon as I can. But in the mean time, I figered it would't hurt to post something here. Thanks much thou fellows!

Tlane77 - I have a feeling you may be right about it being a tendon issue. The burning feeling I felt was just too odd to be a pull, which I've had happen before. I'm may just have to take it easy for alittle wile, iceing my elbows and see where that gets me eh? But, the only way to be sure I guess is to check in with a doc. I really dont want to have useless arms in afew years because my elbows are worn.:(

Thanks.

Ti

shadawg 07-19-2012 12:46 AM

Joint pain can also be associated with insect bite after effects, medicine side effects, among other things, such as infectious disease. Your best bet is really to see a doctor.