mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

It'll depend on how good this fall is to my 30-30. Outta curiosity, are there any MCB rules that would prohibit the selling of homemade foodstuffs, such as deer jerky (I don't trade here often)?

So far, the Damn Good hot and spicy jerky is more spicy-in-a-bad-way than hot, but still edible. The Black Pepper is amazing, and I'm looking forward to ordering more.

XBL Gamertag: KathyLeeGifford
PBN: WVprankster
WVprankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
On the damn good stuff, once it open how long I have to eat it before I lose flavor? And what their shelf life unopened?

Take forever for them to reply e-mail but I love that they are 'natural' than with nitrite.

Le Renard Youtube Channel
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Just placed an order with Damn Good Foods, got some all natural, western and black pepper jerky. Can't wait to get it!
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Legendary

I feel it is time for me to weigh in on this topic.

I am a jerky snob. I value flavor and cut of meat highly in my jerkies, and cannot abide by ****ty qualities in either of the aforementioned areas. I cannot eat storebought crap, and am partially ashamed to admit that, as it makes me somewhat of a hipster.

That being said, there are two places I have narrowed down the premium Beef Jerky suppliers to. One has a good solid flavor and texture, and does GREAT bulk prices. The other has the best flavor but refused to do volume based price breaks.

Big John's has a friendly staff willing to work with you and get you good jerky fast. Their quality is undeniable, and they have a proven track record for deliciousness. I can almost guarantee you that if you don't like their jerky, you are stupid. They will send you samples because they are amazing. Ask for Bill.

Cattaneo Bros has the best flavor for jerky that I have ever encountered. It's an unusual thing, and I think it has to do with the apple vinegar they use. If I were to describe it, I'd say it goes like the following: Piece 1- "Hey this is ok. Not great, but ok."

"Piece 2- Ok this is quite tasty. I want another."

"Piece 3- JERKY. JERKY. PUT IT IN MY THROAT. SHOVE IT DOWN MY GULLET. JERKY."

-------

I don't know why or how Cattaneo has capitalized on the flavor market, but they have. If you live in or near San Luis Obispo, CA, you can buy the bag of 'chips', which is a mixture of everything during their creation process. Cattaneo's biggest shortfall is they are dicks when requesting volume based price breaks. They won't give them to you. It's more expensive than wanted, but it has the best flavor I've been able to find.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
2.5pounds of DGJ comming my way :3
Aint cheap with shipping here but if they are good ill do bigger order

Le Renard Youtube Channel
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
SCENARIO AND WOODSBALL

Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud

hmmm i dont know if you can OFFICIALLY sell anything venison. But you can give me all you want and ill need to still pay you for the other gear right?

ITS MATTS FAULT
EVEN IF ITS NOT BLAME HIM ANYWAY

blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #27 (permalink)

http://beefbark.com/products/
richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #28 (permalink)

Blackcloud- You would still have to pay me for the other gear, depending on how good a mood I'm in after deer season. winkyemoticon.jpg

XBL Gamertag: KathyLeeGifford
PBN: WVprankster
WVprankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Waiting for my jerky impatiently... 4 more days!
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud View Post
I just wish i could be gettin some more DEER jerkey! Youre lucky cuz! I cant even find anybody makin it here in TN. I miss that deer jerkey! And i dont think they can sell it here anyways. If you got any buds down there thats makin some wicked deer jerkey lemme know. Id love to have pounds of it lol!
not sure if dam good food still makes it. but at one time he did. you need to contact him. and since i live fl and he live in stillwater ny. i will get hold my aunt to see what i can do about what you guys asked. not sure what i can get but its try.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat