mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

actually the science of it and the medical research being done is a real eye opener for some of us - I had some real good friends who played Football for most of their school years and they agreed that there was a price that they paid.

understanding the dangers and making sure they are truly aware of the risks seems important to me at least. Do I think football is bad - nope I think its a great team sport - do I think the risks accumulate over time - I would agree that it certainly makes sense that it does.

Boxing is similar - the amount of head trauma they endure is devastating over time.

its a hard thing to balance really - but educating the participants seems best at least to me /shrug

my mcb feedback
Old 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Stupid MultiQuote System.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Well, there's your first big mistake.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
But yea, they could say outright football directly causes cancer and they couldnt do anything about it because it's too much of a money maker. Kinda like cigarettes.
I just hope it doesn't end up getting taxed out the wah-zoo like tobacco products are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze View Post
Several retired NFL players have advocated going back to less padding, saying they would have never been so aggressive if they hadn't been so well protected from the "big hits", never realizing that it was the "little" ones that were really doing all the damage.
I've actually heard that too. Looks good on paper but personally id rather relay on my pads than the kindness of the opposing team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
how many "severe injuries" would it take for articles start appearing about the banning of paintball?
This was why I posted this on this forum in particular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
Wipers
I'm ambidextrous. Fear me.
Please leave me honest Feedback after any B/S/T arrangments. Thank you.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Using flawed logic and causal events you can link any two midly relatable happenstances together. For instance did you know the 100% percent of the population of Boston that ate apples in 1776 has died. Therefore we should ban apples from being eaten due to the mass deaths associatable with eating them.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

Football is modern day war...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0

"It sure would be nice if we got a day off for the president's birthday, like they do for the queen. Of course, then we would have a lot of people voting for a candidate born on July 3 or December 26, just for the long weekends." [Jack Handy]

MCB Feedback
Old 08-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Range Pain
I've actually heard that too. Looks good on paper but personally id rather relay on my pads than the kindness of the opposing team.
They're mostly talking about helmets and shoulderpads. These are places where you take the biggest shock by giving hits, not taking them (in most cases). Typically the other team won't be willing to risk cracking a skull or dislocating a shoulder to bring you down, and you'd be less likely to lower your head and dive in for two extra yards. Football would be less dynamic and XXXXXTREME!!! so it's unlikely to ever happen.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
MP, have you ever listened to his show or just taken for granted what the media tells you?.
The political parties need villians. Its pretty much standard practice at every level of society. You need villains to distract from your own faults, and help unify your base.

No better example then Argentina and the Falklands.

Anyway, I don't care for Rush. Not for his views though. I'm very conservative, and share much of his views, but I'm not a republican. And Rush's first priority is to protect the GOP, and make everything they do smell like roses.

I don't need to hear that Obama is the devil, and Mitt is Jesus with every show. He does know football though. He was a sports broadcaster for a few... minutes?

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Range Pain View Post
Thoughts guys?
never listen to rush limbaugh. you'll kill a few of your brain cells.

in fact, never listen to any political commentators who take themselves seriously. they will find the dumbest reasons just to get some materials for shows, and the result is extremist views that destroy what little faith you have left on humanity.

here's an example of what i'm talking about, using rush since you mentioned him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgC5pUPoN9M
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Quote:
MP, have you ever listened to his show or just taken for granted what the media tells you?
I have, and while I don't entirely disagree with everything he says, it's his needlessly inflammatory delivery, false assumptions and general fearmongering that drives me insane.

For the record, I hate Micheal Moore just as much. I don't hate him because he's a right-wing inflammatory fearmonger, just because he's an inflammatory fearmonger.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkoselka View Post
Using flawed logic and causal events you can link any two midly relatable happenstances together. For instance did you know the 100% percent of the population of Boston that ate apples in 1776 has died. Therefore we should ban apples from being eaten due to the mass deaths associatable with eating them.
Seems Legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent7 View Post
Football is modern day war..."video from youtube."
I remember this bit! man I sure have missed this video, thanks for posting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze View Post
They're mostly talking about helmets and shoulderpads. These are places where you take the biggest shock by giving hits, not taking them.
I can definatly see that working, putting softer tops on the helmets so they dont transform themselves into living guided missles.
Quote:
Wipers
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

"Football begins in the fall, when everything is Dieing."

lol.
Quote:
Wipers
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat