mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Huh, most of our local leagues only give time-outs, maybe a suspension for something ridiculous like slashing. The younger leagues don't allow it, but the adult leagues are almost at the same level of the national leagues.

On a side note, if you haven't seen it yet, watch Goon.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
MP, have you ever listened to his show or just taken for granted what the media tells you?
sorry, but i listen to rush every chance i get.
he's been maligned by the left forever only for saying what's on his mind.
I'm a card carrying Republican, NRA member and staunch conservative and I can not stand to listen to Rush, I think he does way more harm to the conservative cause then he helps. Like all media he's in it to hype people up to listen to his BS and enable him make more money off advertisements/endorsements just like every other talk show host.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Huh, most of our local leagues only give time-outs, maybe a suspension for something ridiculous like slashing. The younger leagues don't allow it, but the adult leagues are almost at the same level of the national leagues.

On a side note, if you haven't seen it yet, watch Goon.
Over here, the leagues are a little strict. The league in my city is a little lax, but the players are somewhat sensitive and even just dropping your shoulder into them gets them mad and ends in small scuffles. The other league I play in is outside my city, and has tons of hockey players (San Jose, CA - home of the Sharks) and they have a zero-tolerance policy for fighting. We actually play at the Sharks practice rink.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
I'm a card carrying Republican, NRA member and staunch conservative and I can not stand to listen to Rush.
three out of four is pretty good but i do change the station when the commercials air...

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barack Hussein Obama = Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated Upon the American People

Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

A few years ago the NHL went on a move to make elbow pads a little safer for other players. They used to be plastic capped which was good protection for the wearer, but pretty brutal if another player took an elbow. They made it a requirement that elbow pads had to have a foam pad on the outside of the plastic cap. The results were reduced injuries from intentional or accidental elbows and there wasn't any fuss because the players didn't notice the difference when wearing them.

There are ways to improve safety while maintaining the modern version of the game. Going after hits to the head and leading with your head is a good idea IMO. It makes things tougher for the tackler, but what does that lead to, higher scoring? Oh darn, even more highlight reel plays.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 08-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
I hate babies

free speech should be earned somehow. Seeing things like what that women is saying is just scary... there are really people like that? I don't know any but every now and then I see them pop up in the news or a forum or what ever. Every time I'm a bit scared for the future of humanity.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Range Pain View Post
Ok, so about two weeks ago my dad and I are driving to Austin, and he has the radio set to one of his Republican radio channels, listening to Rush Limbaugh...

...Thoughts guys?
Quote:
Ok, so about two weeks ago my dad and I are driving to Austin, and he has the radio set to one of his Republican radio channels, listening to Rush Limbaugh
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat