mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Most REAL hotels will have porters to help patrons with their bags. I guess this guy did not ask for help with his bags but rather he reacted angrily when the desk mook(s) told him they could not help him down the stairs in his wheel chair.

So, his decision to risk further injury by throwing bags down stairs and sliding down on his *%$ was kind of outrageous if you ask me.

His temper and sense of entitled outrage dictated his actions. Never a good choice for anyone, not to mention one so injured as he.

What was his hurry?

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I still don't get that.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
I've porked many

It seems there is something missing from this story. Without all the facts, jumping on the bandwagon is just getting worked up for no reason.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum
What was his hurry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Savage
I do wonder if he requested a handicap accessible room. Like mentioned above, it's almost always on the first floor only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum
Why couldn't your pal wait until the elevator was fixed?
These above statements make me start reaching for the BS button. The more reasonable thought you put into it, the more it sounds like horsecrap. CNN actually puts a disclaimer at the top stating that its an unvetted story.

To add to the questions above, why didn't the guy just call 911? Seems like a better choice to call some firemen to come get you than take a risk of falling down the stairs to prove how much of a bad *** you are. In this day and age, who doesnt have a cell phone to call for help? I'll offically call shens on this one.

Last edited by OPBN; 08-08-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I've actually been in a handicap room on a third floor while in San Diego. So it's not uncommon. Also another time in San Diego my elevator broke. I'm not very good with stairs these days. They moved me to a ground room, carried my stuff and then that person walked down with me incase I needed help.

So it's not uncommon that these issues happen. Or handicap rooms are on an upper floor. Then again maybe I got lucky both times. Who knows.

However I am 50/50 on this deal as well, only because I have been in similar situations. I asked and I was helped out.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

This kind of sounds like FW:FW:FW:FW:FW from Grandpa.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
I've actually been in a handicap room on a third floor while in San Diego. So it's not uncommon. Also another time in San Diego my elevator broke. I'm not very good with stairs these days. They moved me to a ground room, carried my stuff and then that person walked down with me incase I needed help.

So it's not uncommon that these issues happen. Or handicap rooms are on an upper floor. Then again maybe I got lucky both times. Who knows.

However I am 50/50 on this deal as well, only because I have been in similar situations. I asked and I was helped out.

Later,
Blackrain
How old was the hotel though? The one in Monahas Texas seems to be extremely new. I could see old hotels that were retrofitted with handicapped rooms having them on upper floors, but not in a new hotel. It just doesnt add up.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
NBA/NFL/NHL aficionado

Location: Either Arizona State University or Laguna Beach, CA

Brass N Wood Fan
Note: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act businesses MUST make their buildings handicapped accessible, and prepare for emergencies such as a fire in the event of a handicapped person being present. Know how you can't take elevators when there's a fire and you have to take the stairs? Well you also have to make a way our for those in wheelchairs. So either this story isn't true (unlikely) or they could be sued for an assload of money. The veteran should call an attorney and get his opinion. He could literally get millions for this, and typically I'm completely against lawsuits, but this is what I'd refer to as a special circumstance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Chug some V8, then chug a little Tabasco and take a shot of vodka and you've got a ceaser. Take anything after a PBR, and all you've got is some nasty-*** PBR and whatever else you drank.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
Note: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act businesses MUST make their buildings handicapped accessible, and prepare for emergencies such as a fire in the event of a handicapped person being present. Know how you can't take elevators when there's a fire and you have to take the stairs? Well you also have to make a way our for those in wheelchairs. So either this story isn't true (unlikely) or they could be sued for an assload of money. The veteran should call an attorney and get his opinion. He could literally get millions for this, and typically I'm completely against lawsuits, but this is what I'd refer to as a special circumstance...
Think about the red highlighted part really hard. This is yet another reason why I think this is complete BS. THIS IS A NEW HOTEL. Do you really think a large corporation with probably hundreds of lawyers on retainer are going to let a new hotel go up that does not have a way for handicapped people to get out of it if/when the elevators break down? Really?

How about someone call the hotel and find out? 432/943-3360

Last edited by OPBN; 08-08-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

The hotel business is mostly made up of franchises, not corporate owned and managed hotels.

I work for another hotel company and it's been my experience that, as much as we try to keep everyone on the same path, you're always going to have owners and management teams that are better and worse at providing the guest experience you design.

I'd personally be very hesitant to hold the entire chain responsible for the actions of one person/manager at an individual property, especially given the lack of information in this report.

Just my $.02.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers! View Post
So either this story isn't true (unlikely) or they could be sued for an assload of money.
Which is probably all he wants based on this sentence from the OP: "And everyone feel free to call customer support est western and tell them that you would like to boycott the chain until a resolution to this issue is found."

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat