mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
New Truck!!

Check out what I got yesterday.

2006 Dodge Ram SLT, 4x4, 4.7 Magnum V8, 89k miles, SHWAEET rims, and rides so smooth. Going to get some flowmasters for it as soon as I can raise a little more money.

Whatcha think?

TippmannFireman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Love it. Trucks are supposed to have a bench seat like yours
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

A buddy of mine has an 07 Dodge Pickup with a hemi. I'm not a big fan of Chrysler.........but dang, it's a nice truck. INSANELY fast. I flip out when he lets me drive it. He put a Gibson SuperTruck exhaust kit on there, sounds amazing too.

Anyway, I'm diggin' it man!! Looks great!
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

sweet ride. thats a mans vehicle right there!

Congrats!
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Not a fan of Dodges but that is a really nice ride. On a side note with your exhaust, consult your local muffler shop and tell them what you want to do. Flowmasters are really nice BUT so is Magnaflow. I was deadset on a Flowmaster exhaust but the local shop steered me to Magnaflow as they perform better on Fords versus Flowmasters. In order to get the most of the exhaust get a nice K&N intake and throw on a JET performance chip or programmer and this truck will scream! As soon as I can I am getting a drop in JET module for my F150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
I'm not a big fan of Chrysler.........but dang, it's a nice truck.!
Not a fan of Chrysler, but drives a Chrysler product

TF: Nice truck, should sound great with the flowmaster.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996XJ View Post
Not a fan of Chrysler, but drives a Chrysler product
Not for much longer though
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pirate #187

Pretty sweet truck, man! You gonna make it out to Bear Claw on Saturday so I can check it out in person?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
Pretty sweet truck, man! You gonna make it out to Bear Claw on Saturday so I can check it out in person?
Unfortunately not. Low on cash at the moment, and even if I had the coin, I couldn't come anyway. I was at the ER at 3am last night/this morning getting stitches in my thumb from where I sliced it open yesterday at fire training. Maybe we can do another insane meet here soon, or whenever my finger is healed I can make it up to Bear Claw.
TippmannFireman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Congrats on your purchase, I really dig the newer Dodge pickups.

Now for the "Peeing in your Cheerios" moment.

1. You will really need to watch things with that 4.7 engine. The 4.7 v8 tends to have more issues than any of the other Chrysler v8's, after 100k they tend to have head gasket issues. If the head gasket takes a dive, you run an extremely high risk of the heads warping more so than most typical v8's. The 5.7 Hemi truely is the best of both worlds for Chrysler v8's, great performance and competative mileage as compaired to rival v8's with similar power.

2. As with any Chrysler rwd base transmission, you need to adjust the bands every 30K Dodge truck transmissions are great beefy units. The reason they fail often is people don't do the proper maintenance on them. You really need to change the fluid every 30 thousand miles and adjust the bands (very important) while your in there. If you do that the trans will last forever. It's not a poor design, Dodge just used an adjustable band unit as opposed to a self adjusting band unit that GM and Ford use. The plus to this is that you can get the bands properly adjusted to specs as opposed to the self adjusting ones that just get close enough. The main issue about this is that it really isn't mentioned anywhere in the owners manual and even a lot independent shops don't know about this. So it gets over looked often. Most Rwd truck based Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles have a trans that needs this done. They are the 42re, 44re, 46re and 48re. If you adjust the bands your trans will last longer than the most of the truck. There is an exact adjustment procedure for it, but basically you will need to drop the transmission pan. There is an adjuster nut, you back it off turn the adjuster so many times and then back it off if some. Each variation of the transmission gets adjusted a bit differently, so be sure to look up the exact one for your truck before doing this. People on the Dodge truck forums have found if you adjust them every 30k the trans will last for ever. Dodge's interval in the service manual is a 100k but people have found that over maintaining is the key.

Other than those two things, it is a solid truck so long as you perform routine maintenance. Just watch out for normal locations for rust to appear, cab corners and the tops of the fender wells. Personally, the first thing I would spend money on is to have a shop spray Rhino liner or Line-x under the cab on each side and have it roll up the sides 4" to 6" and on the inside of the fender wells to provide some solid rust and in general protection. Obviously make sure those areas are clean and free from rust otherwise you will be boned anyways. My wife's new car is that way and any vehicle I own from now on will have the same treatment done to it. Exhaust sound means nothing to me when the vehicle is a rust bucket.

Once again, I'm not trying to rain on your parade. I just wanted to inform you on the two most common issues that these trucks are brought into the shop for.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat