mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Told you I'd get a pic up... almost ready to be sold (Let me know if you might be interested).

USA Made D2 steel Blade, 3/8" OD Micarta, 3/16" Nickle Silver pins, Kydex Sheath (You add your favorite tek lok or other loops)

Attachment 36115
That is really nice, if you have any available mid December I would like to purchase one as a gift. PM me with pricing please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #42 (permalink)
Post Whore

Btw, I too am a big fan of Amboyna Burl. My dream is to have a sneaky pete with Amboyna Burl. My buddy believes he can source a cored butt; but I haven't hit him back on it.

Keep up the good work on those knives! Knife making is such a beautiful art.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #43 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

danssoslow... when I'm ready I will contact you... I can get a smaller version of what I just put together and use amboyna scales, with a kydex sheath you could use it as a neck hanger, on a belt, molle rack, whatever.

And thanks for the complements... this thing should be good as a skinner, or small oh ****/defense/combat knife as the short fat grip kind of holds like an egg very comfortably in both a point forward and point reversed hold.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

So just to ask....do you do any work with bone? My nephew who is 6 just shot his first deer and instead of following the route of my brother-in-law who wants to make a lamp from the hoof, I was thinking of a custom knife with bone hilt from the deer.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Jerry... the only thing I've done is that Scandi with the 13 mm disk of moose antler. Otherwise I'm not sure I'm up to it yet. As it is, I'm not really going to be taken too many (if any) custom orders for a bit as I just don't have the time.

Heck I spent the whole day framing and drywalling a wall in the new house... it was 80" tall x56" wide.. that and tearing off a bunch of dry wall and then having to puzzle over a support/framing issue (now solved). These knives at this point are just one at a time... when I find the time.

Maybe this time next year (after harvest) I will be ready to put some time to custom knives.

E
Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #46 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks for the response. Figured it could not hurt to ask.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Done:

Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
hey Schmiti did you ever look into how difficult it might be shipping a custom made knife to Canada? I'd absolutely love something with wood and brass or something made of horn but I don't know if we'd get any issues with customs
Shouldn't have any issues with shipping over the border. I've gotten three "illegal" knives from the US with no hassles. These wouldn't be considered illegal.
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #49 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
That's really dope bro. You did a great job.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Glad you like it... that's the last one I do with Micarta grips until I get some special tooling. That stuff is a bitch to work with. Cutting it with a scroll saw sucks. Cutting it with a band saw is tuff. I pretty much had to use a belt sander and disc sander to shape the whole thing which produces a metric butt load of dust (which I found out I'm allergic too) that gets every where. It's so fine (even wearing a good mask) that it gets everywhere.. everywhere.

That being said, I'm happy how it turned out. I wish I would have remembered to put the colored (yellow) spacers between the handle scales and the blade, but otherwise like it.

Only reason I'm going to sell it is so that I can make more.

E

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat