mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

2 Five or Not 2 Five...iphone5 that is

Well here I am looking at upgrading from my iPhone 4 just wondering if I should finally break the cycle of iDominance on go Android. What my main concern is will it feel like a used car after cruising the iPhone series for years?

Or should I just avoid the unnessasary risk of changing platforms and stick with the proven Apple iPhone?

Has anyone gone to the dark side after being enlightened with Apple knowledge and do you reget the change?

Caveat: My eyes are not as good as they used to be, I have to do that funny focus most 45 year olds go through and the current iPhone screen is just too small for surfing.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Well here I am looking at upgrading from my iPhone 4 just wondering if I should finally break the cycle of iDominance on go Android. What my main concern is will it feel like a used car after cruising the iPhone series for years?

Or should I just avoid the unnessasary risk of changing platforms and stick with the proven Apple iPhone?

Has anyone gone to the dark side after being enlightened with Apple knowledge and do you reget the change?

Caveat: My eyes are not as good as they used to be, I have to do that funny focus most 45 year olds go through and the current iPhone screen is just too small for surfing.
If you change to android it will feel like driving a car after riding the subway for years.

My wife has an ipad and i have a galaxy. i much prefer the galaxy over the ipad. i just like being able to do whatever the hell i want. i also prefer my galaxy phone over the iphone, tried both.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
If you change to android it will feel like driving a car after riding the subway for years.

My wife has an ipad and i have a galaxy. i much prefer the galaxy over the ipad. i just like being able to do whatever the hell i want. i also prefer my galaxy phone over the iphone, tried both.
I like the iPad because its 3G, are any of the other tablets the same? But as for the phones If the iPhone works for you why change?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

Use an iphone, let down with #5 but I was hoping it would teleport things.

I know two people that got rid of there iphones.

First person switched because AT&T coverage sucks in southern Vermont and he got an email from AT&T (All of us did) saying not to use the phone so much in VT or risk cancellation of his contract.

The second wanted to be able to watch everything that he could not watch with the iphone using Flash media.

Both have returned to owning an iphone.

Just my input for you.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
If you are a serious user of your phone - and want it to do whatever you want - Android.

If you want cool looking, simple, and does the basic **** a smart phone should do - iPhone.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

What do you have invested in apps? What features or functions on another phone would you want to use? Where do you feel your current phone is lacking?

I have a strong dislike of Apple in general, and I'm not a huge fan of their products, but really the phone isn't too bad and does most of what I would ask of it.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt View Post
I like the iPad because its 3G, are any of the other tablets the same? But as for the phones If the iPhone works for you why change?
4g, 3g, wifi, bluetooth for the galaxy tab the same as the phone. however as i said i already have a galaxy phone which serves as my hotspot so i only need wifi.

My galaxy s2 has a slightly larger screen than an iphone for nearly the same footprint. not sure how they have changed that on the 5.

On another note nearly if not alll other phone manufacturers have switched to a standardized jack. IE you can borrow a cable almost anywhere. well except from an iphone user. on the downside finding a radio dock is not easy.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If your already invested in the iOS ecosystem then staying is the best option. Of the android phones the Samsung Galaxy S3 is probably the best equivalent.

Az
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

Why would you "invest" into anything apple when they just release a new OS update and you're ****ed out of another $10 to keep your apps working.

Android - I don't care what you do with it, it's worth at least twice as much as any iProdukt.

The whole mac vs. PC battle continues... Do your research people, apple products are overpriced and apple is made up of greedy bastards.

/end rant
/end following this thread after the can of angry bees I just opened

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Keep you 4, re-invest when it break or you want a new contract?
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat