mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Ssshh! Donít tell. I have it hidden in my garage and I am working on covering up their logo as we speak! We are upgrading from the picnic benches and table clothes we currently have... goiní primetime!

Seriously, That sucks and I feel for them. I can only imagine the headache and general pissed off-ness that comes along with being robbed.

But I ask still again, how in the hell does someone steal a semi truck!?! Shoot, I couldnít drive one if my life depended on it. I hope whoever took it gets caught or at very least gets a friendly visit from Karma.
Geee. all I did was ask a random question. It never crossed my mind that you would take it.

The tractors, especially the newer ones, are easier to drive than they look, but still take a special hand at it. It does suck, but usually once stolen they are taken to a ship and are gone pretty quick if it was really stolen. One of my clients had a new cement pumper truck stolen from their lot. All on film, they even moved the old ones out of the way. 6 months later, it was tracked to Brazil and never seen again.
DPrekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
S7G
MCB Member

As a trucker I keep up on this stuff.
They just busted a huge ring that was stealing trucks and trailers for the last 5 yrs on the east coast.
It happens all the time.
It is preventable though. If you have a Qual Com installed it is traceable. Most folks that buy or lease there trucks do not even realize they signed a piece of paper that gave the bank permission to have a hidden Lo jack system buried under the dash. If I was into something for that kind of money I would defintely do whatever I could to insure its safety.
To most folks all the big rigs look alike so they are hard to spot once they disappear.
They just need to hire me as I always secure my equipment whenever I am away from it.If they did maybe I could actually get to play some paintball again.

P-3

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.'

Bottom line is we never were angels...didn't try to
be. We were not related by blood, but we were brothers nevertheless...not in some sort of Hollywood way, but in a real life "no ****" kinda way.
William Walter AC-130 Gunner 2011
S7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

when I saw tractor.....I thought farmer Joe type thing, anyways talkign of theft, some guys (turns out when they where busted had a whole load of stuff) stole a whole in ground swimming pool from a pool display yard/business........
Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7G View Post
Most folks that buy or lease there trucks do not even realize they signed a piece of paper that gave the bank permission to have a hidden Lo jack system buried under the dash.
That's a good point. With a vehicle worth that much, why wouldn't you have a Lo-Jack type device installed?
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Insurance money. Have you ever seen the police chase after a stolen vehicle and then return it back to the owner? If that happens to me you can keep it. I'll take the payout.

www.KnightStalkersPaintball.com

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
MrFancyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Anyone in the market for a skid of "Redemption"?

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Class Clown

I saw tractor and I thought farm machinery. A combine was stolen not too long ago near my home town. How the heck do you hide one of those?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottieb View Post
I saw tractor and I thought farm machinery. A combine was stolen not too long ago near my home town. How the heck do you hide one of those?
Easy, you park it on another farm a few states over.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
Trucks disappear all the time, sometimes legitimately stolen and other times drivers 'misplace' them if they are having a dispute with the boss. I just find it odd that they don't have a box of some sort in it. I got out of the cab 10 years ago and just about everything had some sort of electronic leash on it.
I can go online and buy a jammer (cell phone and GPS) that plugs into the cigarette lighter.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Made With 100% Potato

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Holy crap. This is serious truck talk.

It's like a door into another galaxy over from PbN.

I am pretty surprised at how effective and daring some people are. Even though it may be easier than it appears to steal one... They're still big things to worry about and deal with nonetheless.

Want to bring peace, tranquility, and the abundance of nice aftermarket parts to the paintball universe once and for all? Contribute to: www.tbqf.co

ALTBazaar.com - The end-all source to high performance and quality.
TBQF.co - The end all source for all cool things paintbally.

YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat