mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Enhander

My 2 new purchases...kinda. I traded my Thompson M1 Replica for both of these. Why would I trade my Thompson you ask? The more I thought about it, Ive owned it for 3 years. Shot it 3 times. Its extremely heavy as well. I was going to get the SBR put on it, but again, that would have been at least another $300 and a 6 month wait.

I figured it would be better for someone to have it that would actually get some use out of it, and it helped me get 2 fire arms that I wanted.

The shotty is a Mossberg 500 "chainsaw". I took the "chainsaw" grip off of it. It was too clunky and bulky. The AFG is off my SCAR, but ill be buying one as well as a CAR stock for it.

The Pistol is a CZ-75 P-07 Duty. Awesome little pistol that shoots great. Ive wanted it for a while now.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Mossberg 500 "Chainsaw" 12 Ga. Without the Chainsaw grip. Tricked it out with a stock, red dot and shotshell holder. All I need is an AFG for it.

Last edited by Enhander; 12-04-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Enhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

CZ-75:

S&W Model 586
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

question about the rock island.. i am thinking about getting the ria 1911 compact for ccw... how is the finish holding up and what maintenance do you do to the parkerizing?

Here is my springfield 1911 GI which I baby

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to paintballwannab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
question about the rock island.. i am thinking about getting the ria 1911 compact for ccw... how is the finish holding up and what maintenance do you do to the parkerizing?
clean and lube as normal, parkerizing holds up well but like all other finishes if your going to truly carry it there will be rub marks on the areas that get constant abuse. The best finish I've seen for carry is stainless, it still gets marked up but much less noticeable.

Hope this is ok with Enhander but here are my 3 babies(of many more). All 3 get carried and abused regularly, the Norinco is parkerized and showing some finish issues:
Ebay
http://myworld.ebay.com/paintballwannab/
Mcarterbrown.com
http://mcarterbrown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8131

I do powder coating, PM for details.
paintballwannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballwannab View Post
clean and lube as normal, parkerizing holds up well but like all other finishes if your going to truly carry it there will be rub marks on the areas that get constant abuse. The best finish I've seen for carry is stainless, it still gets marked up but much less noticeable.
thank you for the heads up, I don't mind the finish getting messed up, I will just send it to get re-parkerized or maybe even cerakoted. Which is what I am thinking of doing from the get go when I finally do get it, and just have it cerakoted by a gunsmith.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ok with me lol. I love me a 1911. I clean/lube mine after every shoot, but not matter what, Its going to get wear marks. My best advice is to get a leather holster if you plan to carry one. I have a kydex one for my range holster and its cause wear marks on my 1911. Doesnt bother me too much, because I like the scuffs. The parkerizing on mine actually has developed a patina of sorts. It makes it look much older than it really is, which makes me happy. Most people think Im lugging around a WWII 1911 just cause of the look and wear marks. Makes me happy that they think that lol. I had thoughts about getting it mirror finish blued along with my compensator..however I fear that will scratch up even more. I will probably get my compensator parkerized to match instead.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

New Purchase: L1A1 FAL. Came with 4 mags and 100 rounds of 308.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enhander View Post
New Purchase: L1A1 FAL. Came with 4 mags and 100 rounds of 308.
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/x...26F207D5C6.jpg
Lucky!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah. I lucked out getting this one too. I walked in my local shop as they were putting it on the wall. I said "Go ahead and take that back down...its mine" They just laughed (they knew I wanted an FAL for a while). The 4 mags and 100 free rounds was just icing on the cake. That was $125 worth of ammo for free lol. I did have to do some touch up work on the mags because they had surface rust and stuff. But I cleaned them all up good

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat