mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I HATE people riding their bike down the street. To no end.

Alright i get it if there's no sidewalk or bike path, but come on, when the town pays to build a BIKE PATH and you choose to ride on the street DIRECTLY next to it, Im rolling down my window, screaming a profanity and giving you the bird.

And those packs that choose to ride down 1 lane streets and block the whole way and slow traffic, yeah i throw my cigg butts at them. If you're arrogant enough to think you have the "right" to waste everyone else's time, you deserve it.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin

Last edited by Brewtt; 09-26-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post

Alright i get it if there's no sidewalk or bike path, but come on, when the town pays to build a BIKE PATH and you choose to ride on the street DIRECTLY next to it, Im rolling down my window, screaming a profanity and giving you the bird.

And those packs that choose to ride down 1 lane streets and block the whole way and slow traffic, yeah i throw my cigg butts at them. If your arrogant enough to think you have the "right" to waste everyone else's time, you deserve it.
Bike have every legal right to ride on street and because they are a mode of transportation cannot ride on sidewalk (they would get a ticket for that in most jurisdiction).

Unless the bikepath is not next to the street, they don't have to use the bike path. The main problem is with bicyclist who ride dangerously and expect to be safe.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
Bike have every legal right to ride on street and because they are a mode of transportation cannot ride on sidewalk (they would get a ticket for that in most jurisdiction).

Unless the bikepath is not next to the street, they don't have to use the bike path. The main problem is with bicyclist who ride dangerously and expect to be safe.
I dont care if they dont "have" to use the bike paths... they should.

What gives them the "right" to waste MY time?

I just feel that you must be a supreme douche bag if you choose you have to ride on the street and slow traffic/ piss people off when there is a perfectly good bike path, heading the same damn direction, on the side of the road.

Some people just like to enrage others. People who refuse to use bike paths are among these folk.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin

Last edited by Ramous; 09-26-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Quote:
Donut: go find the article about critical mass injuring pedestrian at Belmont Park. Critical mass in SD is nothing short of mob rules (just go to downtown when they are doing their ride), they have no respect for pedestrian or other vehicles what so ever.
On that note pk, I know what you're getting at. To be clear I personally don't like critical mass.

Where I work at the airport they are nothing but a nuisance. I was encouraging the OP to join on the assumption to be part of a peaceful demonstration. Like any demonstration, things turn sour. In the case of critical mass especially in San Diego, Things get out of hand very quickly. That's not to say that every cyclist is a d-bag. If I had my way I'd end the event in SD, as you mentioned it's nothing short of an excuse to riot. I've only seen one critical mass event turn out with no damage (to the airport, I can't vouch for downtown) was the halloween ride a year ago. I've never been so surprised to see a mass of about 2000 riders only use 3 lanes and still allow cars to pass at the airport. It's usually disaster, but I found it funny because people were actually saying "what are they doing?" I explain, and then the CM group gets cheered on.

All thoughts aside, it is what it is. A critical mass.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

And those packs that choose to ride down 1 lane streets and block the whole way and slow traffic, yeah i throw my cigg butts at them. If your arrogant enough to think you have the "right" to waste everyone else's time, you deserve it.
Quote:
Yea if your goal is to solve the "problem" in the absolute most ignorant way... sure.

Bigot.
Interesting
PBRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Duly noted. However as a mode of transportation they are bound to the same rules of the road as every other vehicle on the street and should expect they be enforced. I had a friend who once received a citation for speeding on his bicycle (downhill in a 25 zone - the officer pegged him at around 40IIRC).

Also the laws of gross vehicle tonnage still apply. Legal does not really matter when a Lincoln Navigator parks on you.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
Interesting
Whats interesting? The fact that i care and think about other people's time and opinions?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've been away for a few days but... still planning on going though unsure if I will be tolerant enough to finish with the rest of the bunch. I've walked away from things I wasn't enjoying in the past and have a feeling I will in the future as well. If I find it to be a big gathering of self rightous or self important morons out to piss people off, I'll be parting from the group rather quickly. If it seems more like a group of people out looking to have a safe ride through downtown KC, I'll stick it out and have a blast. Even if it is a bunch of @sshats, If I am finding enough humor making fun of them in my head I may stick it out as well if only for the humor I derive.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:

And those packs that choose to ride down 1 lane streets and block the whole way and slow traffic, yeah i throw my cigg butts at them. If you're arrogant enough to think you have the "right" to waste everyone else's time, you deserve it.
you seem like the kind of person who hasn't realized they won't get to do everything they want to by the time they die.

I too on occasion find myself really getting pissed over someone holding me up (usually the grocery store) and find that my level of frustration is usually inversely proportional to the likely hood of me having something to do or some place to be. Kind of odd but just a self observation on that one.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Obeastly View Post
You seem like the kind of person who hasn't realized they won't get to do everything they want to by the time they die.

I too, on occasion find myself really getting pissed over someone holding me up (usually the grocery store) and find that my level of frustration is usually inversely proportional to the likely hood of me having something to do, or some place to be. Kind of odd, but just a self observation on that one.

Honestly I'm just salty because cyclists are a huge problem here.

I swear they choose the worst roads to ride on. ( One lane each direction 40-45mph speed limit roads) Im not talking about the cyclists that ride in subdivisions or slower traffic areas.

Im talking about the peices of **** that blatantly slow traffic and waste the public's time. Especially when we have bike paths throughout the whole town. They are more walk paths

(Yea I can make corrections too)

Last edited by Ramous; 09-27-2012 at 02:29 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat