mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

I've known about the shady practices by the privately-owned Verizon stores, and have always steered clear of them. Since this corporate store is very close to where my folks live I figured it would be fine. They've always helped her a lot in the past, so that is why I am so surprised/ticked about the recent events.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivlife View Post
My mom went a verizon premium retailer (third party) and they charged her 20 bucks to set up my sisters iphone. I called verizon and the sales rep said that he has never heard of a set up fee like that. Then verizon charged my mom 30 bucks for free classes. I do not know who is screwing you more. new phone same butt raping by wireless providers
Actual VZ stores are charging a $25 activation fee on new phones.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Actual VZ stores are charging a $25 activation fee on new phones.
This $20 was in addition to the Activation fee they charge.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
I know the Hotspot feature is not free. The $20 per month for it would have been preferable to buying a $100 device, then paying $20 per month on top of that (and being roped into a new 2 year contract).
She didn't buy the tablet at Verizon, just bought it online and then went to Verizon to find out how to use it while out and about.
Oh, ok. That being said, I'd kill for the $20 dollar hotspot service price. The ones I manage for work range from $55 to $165 month.

Feedback
Old 09-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivlife View Post
This $20 was in addition to the Activation fee they charge.
Ahh. That's a bunch of weaksauce right there.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 09-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

That's how they make money. When I bought my iPhone, they sold me an otterbox for about $10 more than I could've ordered one for. Just have to do research ahead of time. Not saying it's right, it's pretty sad, but business is indeed business.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Also not to be a dick here but if your mom has had androids for so long first she should know what its able to do as the Mobile Hotspot feature was a huge selling point when it came out and still is a good bonus to have at your disposal.

So knowing that maybe she should have done a bit more research to be better informed and ask better questions like "I have and android (whatever model) and know they have mobile hotspot how do I set that up to use are there any fees associated and would this be a better way to use my new tablet or what other options are open to me"

Cause lets face it an uninformed consumer is for a lack of better words a sucker to be taken advantage of and you cant fault the SALESMEN for doing his job and making a new sale to help ensure he keeps his job. Again if you dont ask the right questions its not their job to go fishing for info to save you money they are there to make a sale.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Not in the picture

Screw Verizon in their face with a broken broomstick. I once had a Verizon service guy standing in front of me actually put his fingers in his ears, close his eyes, and say, "I'm not allowed to talk to you LALALALALALALA." He then made me describe our problems to the 3rd party tech from the pass-through company that linked us, and then made that guy repeat it all to him, since that's technically who their contract was with. My other customer service experiences have been comparable. I will never have another Verizon product as long as I have any other option, and I am a significant part of the reason why the company I work for doesn't use them either.
www.knightstalkerspaintball.com
www.oxcc.com
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Rogers talked my dad into signing up for the same type of deal for a tablet. He didn't even know what a tablet was but the guy explained it as being needed to get internet access on his cellphone. I don't fault the salesperson they get bonus and commission but aren't paid enough to want to make a career out of it so they pillage and burn and take what they can get and move on. If they were paid a salary they could live on maybe they'd stick around to develop repeat business. I ended up getting the tablet because my dad thought it was basically a useless laptop and he already has a nice laptop.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
I had a similar problem in the past and when all else failed... I wrote the corporate office for my area. I got a call within 1 week and everything was fixed.

My Feedback

Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat