mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
As a cell phone sales person, this thread is painful.

Regardless of what Zoo's mother should of known, a good sales representative doesn't sell what someone doesn't need for the exact reason of this thread. Someone is going to find out they had a phone that could do the feature and be upset. Commissions aren't worth the headaches/loss of a customer for life.
There needs to be more people like you in this world
Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Better Business Bureau.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

BBB would be next step after writing the local headquarters.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJustPlainJoe View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Better Business Bureau.
Little secret: I have yet to find a business owner in modern business that cares about BBB. They have zero authority and noone checks them first.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
BBB would be next step after writing the local headquarters.
Have you done this yet? Look back on page 1.
"You may have already done this. Call customer service and tell them you want to cancel all services (don't even bother to explain the issue). They will forward you to an employee whose job it is to keep you from cancelling at all costs. Explain the situation. He will either make an offer (may waive the cancellation fee for the MiFi), or tell you "sorry you are SOL, would you like me to cancel all lines now?". If you get an offer, great. If you don't and you are not ready to cancel services, tell him you don't want to cancel at this time. "

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

No, I have not yet threatened to cancel services. I can call this evening and see what happens. My parents' account is separate from mine, so maybe that would have more impact: that I'm willing to have both plans ,and all the associated lines, cancelled because of this.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
First job of a sales person should be to ensure future business, not make a quick buck today.

Making $100 today to lose $10,000 in the next year is not a great way to make money.
As a rule professional salespeople live by that philosophy but retail salespeople on the other hand aren't quite the same. Few people make careers out of it so while the company could lose repeat businees Bob behind the counter couldn't care less. Even if you are a top cellphone sales guy at your location you probably won't be driving a new BMW any time soon.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
Dremel Drill Professional

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Ye I hate verizon. They overcharge, have poor poor CS and won't work with you at all. I had them for 2 years on my first cell phone. Couldn't get rid of them fast enough. They have alot of small writing on their contracts that really can screw you over. I will never deal with them again.

nation feedback
mcb feedback

Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #49 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
As a rule professional salespeople live by that philosophy but retail salespeople on the other hand aren't quite the same. Few people make careers out of it so while the company could lose repeat businees Bob behind the counter couldn't care less. Even if you are a top cellphone sales guy at your location you probably won't be driving a new BMW any time soon.
Yeah, but the manager who decides whether or not the kid he has hired stays or is kicked to the curb damn well better care, and that means the kid cares too if he has half a clue and wants to keep a job.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Little secret: I have yet to find a business owner in modern business that cares about BBB. They have zero authority and noone checks them first.
I found this out the hard way after I hired an electrician. I contacted the company's owner and he wouldn't help after the quoted price changed. So I contacted the BBB, and went through the process of lodging the complaint, getting the owner to reply (he gave completely contradictory statements to the BBB compared to me) and even when I forward them the e-mails he had sent me, they closed the complaint and favored with the business owner. They told me the reason they sided with him is because it was the first and only complaint brought up against them.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat