mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Fair warning should you visit PEI on your bike: Pot holes, idiot drivers. (Like pulling U turns in traffic on a bypass or the main drag in the city, during rush hour, kind of idiot.)
Try Halifax as well. I almost get side swiped on a daily basis by people on cell phones or people who change lanes without looking.

Oh, almost been hit 3 times by people running stop signs...

Same warning to you haha.
Slipknot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Many island drivers still come to a full stop in merge lanes... And drivers on the bypass stop to let them in.

And I really don't understand why the PEI government is now so fixated on changing all intersections into round-abouts when so many drivers are still baffled by things like merge lanes, traffic lights, stop signs, cross walks, and even side walks. Most at least seem to understand the one way streets, but there is the odd one that still struggles with the concept.

(Yes, my faith in humanity is such that I look both ways before crossing one way streets. And it has saved my life more than once.)
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Many island drivers still come to a full stop in merge lanes... And drivers on the bypass stop to let them in.

And I really don't understand why the PEI government is now so fixated on changing all intersections into round-abouts when so many drivers are still baffled by things like merge lanes, traffic lights, stop signs, cross walks, and even side walks. Most at least seem to understand the one way streets, but there is the odd one that still struggles with the concept.

(Yes, my faith in humanity is such that I look both ways before crossing one way streets. And it has saved my life more than once.)

Same here, I think it's the same as it is here. I have people stopping in middle of highways to let people merge it's crazy!

And round-abouts are happening here everyday. A place called sackvile just built about 7 of them... As a merger onto high ways! There will be so many accidents to come.

No faith in humans at all.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Also *update*

I found someone to make custom moldings for my front fairing and will be here once I finish the rebuild.

Found someone to powder coat all the parts I need to be done.

And all my parts for rebuild are at the boarder :] Well see what happens about the parts.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Lets hope I can start working on the engine this week!

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat