mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Starbucks Suggestions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/215120-starbucks-suggestions.html)

ilivlife 10-03-2012 01:28 PM

Starbucks Suggestions

Hello

My new supervisor likes to have meetings at Starbucks (expense his coffee addiction). I am not a big coffee person, I will have a cup in the morning and that is it. Most times I go to Starbucks I get the ice tea lemonade mix, but it is going to be winter here soon so I do not want to look like a shivering crack head in meetings. So what do you like to get at Starbucks. Price is not a factor.

PS I drink only decaf maybe half caf

Mike

chopper duke 10-03-2012 01:29 PM

Why not a hot chocolate?

ApoC_101 10-03-2012 01:32 PM

my usual at Starbucks: Venti green tea latte, hot or cold depending on weather (for cold, half ice), 10 scoops, no syrup. it's not bad... both Waves and Blenz make much better Matcha Lattes (with real matcha) but the starbucks is readily available.

Also, the new green coffee refreshers are good (for cold drink).

their Chai latte isn't bad either... as for actual coffee, I rarely drink theirs. Not that it's bad or anything, I just also don't like to shiver like a crackhead. I like to drink big drinks... a venti of any coffee there will **** me right up :ROTFL:

Falcon16 10-03-2012 01:34 PM

I'd try a london fog tea I forget what's in it personally right now but it's an amazing drink tbh.

Finnigan 10-03-2012 01:38 PM

Double shot of espresso; but if you don't like coffee, you might not like espresso.

idkfa 10-03-2012 01:39 PM

Grande Red Eye (made with dark roast coffee) is my drink of choice. It's kind of like getting punched in the brain.

Try one of their fall/winter lattes? The chai tea latte is actually pretty tasty. As is the pumpkin latte. Be careful if you don't like sweet, I find them almost sickly sweet.

ApoC_101 10-03-2012 01:53 PM

gotta order half/non sweet, their "default" sweetness across the board is enough to make you sick :p

pk5 10-03-2012 01:54 PM

You can always get one of their hot tea then ask them to cool it down a bit and or add any flavor.

Or if you want to gamble you can try this: 3 x shots of espresso over ice with 4 pump of white mocha.

Luckless 10-03-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcon16 (Post 2493298)
I'd try a london fog tea I forget what's in it personally right now but it's an amazing drink tbh.

Not sure how they do it, but steamed/foamed milk and vanilla syrup in a tea base, usually earl grey, but that could merely be a random trend with the few places I've seen it and plain black tea is more common. Either way, it is a tasty drink.

But hard to go wrong with a simple tea.

ilivlife 10-03-2012 01:58 PM

I do not handle caffeine that well, I had Wawa regular and could not sit still for hours.