mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Well, that was a bit disappointing.

After seeing more dramatic WRC and group B accidents, I was expecting more drama.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

The thing that bugs me the most is the drivers incompetence. Once he was in the grapes he should have stopped. Rally courses are always lined with spectators.

The driver could have seriously hurt or killed a fan by driving thru there blind. I understand going off course was not his plan. That happend. What I think was stupid was that he never stopped. Comming out onto the course & immediatly across again it the grapes. Hell he missed a couple of spectators but 10-20 feet as he re-entered.

The pole did what the incompetent driver wouldnt do. It stopped him.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I miss Sunday WRC races on SPEED. Too bad they seem to only believe in racing with no right hand turns
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
The thing that bugs me the most is the drivers incompetence. Once he was in the grapes he should have stopped. Rally courses are always lined with spectators.
I would have to disagree with you on every point.

The whole point of rally racing is to use public roads, well beyond speeds that they were designed for. Accidents happen.... and are expected. Every driver expects to go off the road during a rally.

-Every- Rally spectator knows that watching a Rally race is extremely dangerous, and they should take full responsibility for that choice. Rally spectators tend to be the thrill seeker type.

And what is the main difference between a rally race in America verses everywhere else? The America, they do NOT allow Rally spectators to be anywhere near the road, or corners, or in any area where there is the slightest chance a car might come near. Obviously afraid of lawsuits from idiot spectators.

How is the driver incompetent? He wants to win. It shows great nerve to stay under power while sliding off the road. If every rider had to "stop the race" when going off the road, nobody would finish. I've seen lots of rally races where the driver FLIPPED his car into the woods, rolled it over, and kept going. Thats racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=363A1t5Kr8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOy3RU05AuQ

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Im fine with accidents that happen. As you said the spectators know its dangerous. They expect some accidents. They also have a good idea where the car is going to come from.

I also know that he wants to win but there has to be a limit.

The point I missed was that because he continued blindly most likely knowing he would cross the road at some point he would have hit any spectators from their back with them possibly not even knowing he was coming. If they happen to have been standing where he came out. Luckily no one was there & no one was hurt.

That is what makes it irresponsible & him incompetent to have continued like he did in my opinion.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I miss Sunday WRC races on SPEED. Too bad they seem to only believe in racing with no right hand turns
if you can get speed channel 2 on internet you can see all three days or you can wait for sunday highlights of 3 days of events.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Fun fact- I went to school with Robby Gordon. He was a little ****.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:

The driver could have seriously hurt or killed a fan by driving thru there blind. I understand going off course was not his plan. That happend. What I think was stupid was that he never stopped. Comming out onto the course & immediatly across again it the grapes. Hell he missed a couple of spectators but 10-20 feet as he re-entered.

The pole did what the incompetent driver wouldnt do. It stopped him.
Oh boo hoo, I bet you also wrap your kid in bubble wrap and foam equipped with a klaxon before they're let outdoors. Half the time that kind of slide is easily recovered and he made a decision in half a second. The spectators know exactly what they're getting into. I must've missed the shrieks of terror and talk of lawsuits you get with racing this side of the pond.

On an unrelated note, your signature takes up half the space on a 32" 1080p monitor. Might wanna do something about that.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.

Last edited by StJimmy666; 10-10-2012 at 08:13 PM.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

we also do know if something went wrong with the car. since he might lost breaks or something else to car that would not let him slow down or stop.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
...I also know that he wants to win but there has to be a limit...
It's called Group B.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat