mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Roll bar lights? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/215963-roll-bar-lights.html)

TippmannFireman 10-13-2012 08:13 PM

Roll bar lights?

I'm about to (when money allows) get a roll bar for my truck. I just bought some 6" KC Daylighters and was wondering what the laws were in regards to having X amount of lights on at once. Anybody know the laws for lights in Tennessee?

Marauder_Pilot 10-13-2012 08:41 PM

The laws vary from area to area, but by-and-large, you're only allowed headlights and pair of foglights.

Also, anybody who drives around with lightbars turned on on a road is a raging ****stick who should be kicked to death by sexually frustrated rhinoceros.

TippmannFireman 10-13-2012 08:51 PM

Just to clarify, I hadn't planned on riding around with them on, but I've seen things that in some states you'll get pulled over and get a hefty ticket for even having them on the roll bar, whether they're on or not. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

mtaylor 10-13-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot (Post 2503513)
Also, anybody who drives around with lightbars turned on on a road is a raging ****stick who should be kicked to death by sexually frustrated rhinoceros.

Well said.

I don't see why it would be an issue to have them, you can get covers for lights for the road if you need them.

ta2maki 10-14-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippmannFireman (Post 2503523)
Just to clarify, I hadn't planned on riding around with them on, but I've seen things that in some states you'll get pulled over and get a hefty ticket for even having them on the roll bar, whether they're on or not. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

In cali, they need to be covered and disconnected.

1996XJ 10-14-2012 02:15 AM

I drove around Indiana and Michigan for 2 years with 4 lights on my roof rack and was never bothered by the police over them.

Even if it is illegal in your area, I highly doubt a cop would ever bother pulling you over for them. Now say if you get pulled over for speeding and argue with the cop, then you would be more inclined to get ticketed over them.

HyperU2 10-14-2012 11:35 AM

That's what's wrong with Canada.

Melvin 10-14-2012 12:23 PM

You're in the south dude, you'll be fine. Just keep the lights covered when not in use.

Marauder_Pilot 10-14-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJOttawa (Post 2503856)
Do you have a use for roll bar lights? Maybe you do - like driving trails at night.

Whether or not you do, the number of people who think you're "cool" for having them will be exceeded by the number of people who think you have a tiny penis for spending that much on something that most likely have no practical use.

QFMFT. I've got a pair of Hella foglights on my Jeep, for actually using off-road (And for winter, when it's dark as **** 15 hours a day).

Most people here do have a set of foglights, either factory or aftermarket on their vehicles, and most have the common sense to only use them when appropriate. But there's a few eskibrodozer-driving ****wads who leave them on all the time.