mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666 View Post
If you can snag an Eclipse they can be tuned and modded up to be ungodly fast for relatively little...Mitsus are known for that.

My (2010) Mitsu put out 152bhp stock, I have it at about 177whp without dropping in a turbo (don't think the car could handle it without extensive upgrades).

My buddy's 04? Eclipse puts out over 581whp on the dyno.

Mind you if you don't need a running car then you can look at the full gambit of tuner cars...Supras, RX7s, Evos, Silvias, Skylines etc. can all be had with engine problems for relatively little if you look hard enough
Damn, is that with the modded stock engine? or a swap?

Also i'm fine with doing engine work, my only problem is transmissions scare the hell out of me, i can tear an engine down to every bolt and nut, but dont have the first clue what to do with a transmission, also the fact that it seems like transmissions cost double the price as an engine.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
You could go with an old turbo Volvo. My cousin picked his up for $400 and now it looks like this...

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Volvette wagon!

http://www.streetfire.net/video/twin...-7-l_84833.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

You can usually find Suzuki Samurais pretty dirt cheap (at least around here). Doesn't take much to have a fun little offroad toy there.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

DSM engines (Eclipse, Talon, Laser) are for the most part bullet proof. Sort of. Two major issues with them. After like 92, they have a tendency to develop crank walk. Also, they are an interfearance engine...if the timing belt goes, the pistons smash into the valves and you need a complete rebuild. That is why if you go on craiglist, you see like 70% of them saying "new valve job and oversized pistons". Fun little cars though if you keep up on maintaining them. If you don't, they become money pits fast.

I have had 3 SVT Contours. Great cars. Especially if you put a 3.0L swap and LSD in them. They handle great, parts are cheap for the most part (especially if you put the 3.0L in), and comfortable. When they came out they were in the same segment as the BMW 3 series....and they beat them in basically every single category. This is my old one that I still miss to this day. Drove 18 hours to and from to pick it up. The 9 hour drive back was comfortable as can be, even though it was on D2 coil overs set at half softness. With a good driver, you can hit mid 13's with a decent 3.0L swap. Now a days, you can find them fairly cheap.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Looks like the car of choice will be an eclipse. Looks to be quite a few around here and most are not bad looking, almost everything running is just under 3k dollars (most are the 2.4 4cylinder i belive). Also seem to be a handfull of "project" ones for even cheaper.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Looks like the car of choice will be an eclipse. Looks to be quite a few around here and most are not bad looking, almost everything running is just under 3k dollars (most are the 2.4 4cylinder i belive). Also seem to be a handfull of "project" ones for even cheaper.
You do not want the 2.4...It was used only in the spyders and sucks. You want the 2.0L turbo charged...aka 4G63T. Also COMPLETELY ignore the 2.0 420A engine. It is a Neon engine.

Last edited by elraido; 11-01-2012 at 06:27 PM.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
What he said^ to this day the 2.4 Mitsu engine is unreliable.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
You can usually find Suzuki Samurais pretty dirt cheap (at least around here). Doesn't take much to have a fun little offroad toy there.
I would suggest this as well. Cheep, easy to mod...fun little toy.
wetwrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
hmm, may have a hit on a 84 bmw E30

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat