mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

The various types of Nissan 240SX are good cars for modifying, though they're getting a little hard to find in good shape as the drifters break them.
The engine bay is large enough to accommodate just about anything, access for the various systems is very easy, and there's a lot of compatibility across the Nissan/Infiniti lines for things like brakes, drivetrain, and interior components.

Plus, unlike most cheap Japanese cars, they're rear-wheel drive!
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
The various types of Nissan 240SX are good cars for modifying, though they're getting a little hard to find in good shape as the drifters break them.
The engine bay is large enough to accommodate just about anything, access for the various systems is very easy, and there's a lot of compatibility across the Nissan/Infiniti lines for things like brakes, drivetrain, and interior components.

Plus, unlike most cheap Japanese cars, they're rear-wheel drive!
I found a guy selling 2 of them to make one car, but i got picky and wanted the turbocharged or supercharged (whichever it is) one instead and missed out lol.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.

Last edited by JLuke; 11-01-2012 at 06:29 PM.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

It is within the realm of physical possibility to get a 350 (and thus a 427 or 383 stroker) into a Fiero

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
woowwwww

Old Civic,Altima but the best one that most people mod is the civic, people just love those cars, there like the Ion of cars, people put a ton of mods in them, some people love them and some people hate them.

Other then that maybe a wrangler.
NDomipolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maybe....... Just maybe

Ever think of looking for a diesel? 3K could get you into a Ford's 6.9IDI 7.3IDI or even a early powerstroke, Dodge 12 valve 5.9, or a GM 6.2 or 6.5. You can "tune" them for fuel sipper's and replace your current truck. All of them have a ton of aftermarket parts as well, but they are a little bit more expensive but with keeping up with maintainence will last you a lot longer.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

you can put starlet guts into a toyota paseo or tercel really cheap
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Not one of the cool kids

May I advise against conquests/starions. While I love them, ( I'm on #4), they are getting more and more rare for parts. The 2.6 turbo/rwd combo is a hoot when everything is running right, but whoever designed the tbi/ turbo system should be kicked in the head multiple times.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
You can usually find Suzuki Samurais pretty dirt cheap (at least around here). Doesn't take much to have a fun little offroad toy there.
26mpg carbureted. Hell yeah.
MCB
TechPB
dmercure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

My Z28 Camaro got very close to 30MPG when I was not pushing it.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Dodge Daytona Shelby VNT, or a CSX Thrifty.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat