mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Lakers fire coach Mike Brown!! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/218172-lakers-fire-coach-mike-brown.html)

PumpDrew 11-09-2012 02:27 PM

Lakers fire coach Mike Brown!!

As a resident of Southern California and life long Lakers fan, I'll just leave this here:
Mike Brown Fired As Lakers Coach

Thank you and have a nice day.

Flonominal 11-09-2012 03:21 PM

Bit of a classless move by your organization, and his offense was not the issue. The real issue is chemistry, age, and depth. Could've given Brown at least 10 games so the players have more time to adjust, and even wait it out longer until Nash comes back. I do get why they did it, longer they wait harder it would be to find a new coach and implement a new system all within a span of a month or two.

With that said... screw the Lakers, go Clippers and no i'm not a bandwagoner, been a die hard fan since '95 and been a season ticket holder for the last 4 years. As a fan, I can relate to how Laker fans were feeling before the Brown firing.

RainOnYou 11-09-2012 03:30 PM

Ouch, that's gonna hurt

elraido 11-09-2012 03:30 PM

Goooooooooooooooo First place Timberwolves! Actually your replacement coach is a decent one. He was an assistant in MN here for years.

chrislognshot 11-09-2012 05:26 PM

rather see team do something like this. but you should gave guy month into job first. since still early in season and you have new people on team. with one star player out. its hard to judge on that account.

elraido 11-09-2012 05:26 PM

They need to hire Stan Van Gundy

chrislognshot 11-09-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elraido (Post 2529570)
They need to hire Stan Van Gundy

that would be good idea. but lately he been doing a lot media broadcasting for CBS sports and doing stuff for local schools. also been do local help to schools and other sports to get rep. he help get one county money they need to help save school programs. he also said to CBS 6 news he was taking year off. now things might change if they can get both new play and coach to work as one. since in back ground they did not like each other. but knew they had to put anger side for good of team.

anomoly40 11-09-2012 06:11 PM

I'm glad I don't watch basketball.

sniper97 11-09-2012 06:11 PM

He is $10,000,000 richer, he recently signed a 4 yr $18 Million contract....did you think the Lakers were smart?:ROTFL:

cfos00 11-09-2012 06:15 PM

Running the Princeton offense with that team is one of the single dumbest non-contract related moves I've seen in a long, long time. Dwight Howard is statistically the best big man in basketball on the two man pick and roll. Steve Nash, even last year, was statistically the most efficient PG in the league in the two man pick and roll. You have Kobe, who can ball handle and Gasol, who is a great offensive player down low. You run a Princeton offense when you have no ball handlers. This team doesn't have that problem, and it ignores what the players that they have do best. Yes, they are old, and yes, they lack depth. But the idea of them running a Princeton offense was absolutely moronic. He should have been fired.

This from a Bulls fan that couldn't care much less about the Lakers.