mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   "Trying on" a Tattoo? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/218221-trying-tattoo.html)

Talfuchre 11-09-2012 11:17 PM

"Trying on" a Tattoo?

I have a few designs I am toying with - and I would love to see what they would look like on my body before getting the tattoo itself.

Is there anyway to temporarily see what a tattoo would look like - without trying to draw the darned thing on myself.

Any advice is great.

TF

Keebler 11-09-2012 11:21 PM

Henna

Rover 11-09-2012 11:21 PM

If you actually go to the shops, they do the charcoal drawing, I think, and can lay a template on you?

I am sure they are used to doing it without then actually applying the permanent stabby ink part. Maybe call the local shop you were considering going with and seeing if they'd try the ones you'd like out on you? They'd probably charge you something.

TippmannFireman 11-09-2012 11:22 PM

Subscribing. I'm in the exact same boat. Interested to see what comes of this.

CCMachinist 11-09-2012 11:25 PM

iron on ?

you're tough enough.

Keebler 11-09-2012 11:26 PM

Iron on ****. Print it off cut it out and I'll staple it to you.

chrislognshot 11-09-2012 11:46 PM

best bet is henna not sure if they do colors with it since will go away after few days.

canuckistani 11-09-2012 11:54 PM

If it's only for a little while, use one if those ink transfer pages, like when you're signing something and they have their copy and your copy. Trace out the image, with the ink page in between. Now apply deodorant to the spot you want to place it on your body. Use the bottom page that you just traced onto (the negative, if you will), and press it firmly into the deodorant covered spot. Be careful not to wiggle it, or the image will smear. This will only last a short while (like a couple of hours) and will come off easily.

If you want it for a week or two, henna is your best bet.

Nicodemus 11-10-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckistani (Post 2529893)
If it's only for a little while, use one if those ink transfer pages, like when you're signing something and they have their copy and your copy. Trace out the image, with the ink page in between. Now apply deodorant to the spot you want to place it on your body. Use the bottom page that you just traced onto (the negative, if you will), and press it firmly into the deodorant covered spot. Be careful not to wiggle it, or the image will smear. This will only last a short while (like a couple of hours) and will come off easily.

If you want it for a week or two, henna is your best bet.

This, or have a good artist friend draw it on you with own or permanent markers. I've done this many times to myself and to friends. I've given myself a full sleeve, rib piece, chest piece, etc.

sniper42 11-10-2012 02:01 AM

Find a place that will do airbrush tattoos? They are usually good for a few days I think.