mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bronson, FL

For the Battlestar Galactica Fans

If you enjoyed Battlestar Galactica and want more....

Machinima is putting out Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome. It goes back to the first war and is Bill Adama fresh out of the academy....effects are spectacular just like the original show....well worth the watch so far.

Machinima | Gameplay Videos, Game Trailers, Gaming News and Original Shows or look for episode 1 and 2 on Youtube.

Heres a taste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMcLF9V0_6o
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Real Nurse
 
nickydp33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Send a message via AIM to nickydp33

Brass N Wood Fan
I enjoy Galactica, watched the new one few years back. Always wanted to see what happened in the first war. Thank you for this!
nickydp33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PEI, Canada

Looks like it should be decent. Shame Caprica got canned as it was getting really good. Hopefully this one holds its legs and lets them complete a full story line that leads into another spin off series.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
I destroy drives for clients all the time. Sometimes, intentionally.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!
 
Dr. VonDeafingson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Looks like it should be decent. Shame Caprica got canned as it was getting really good. Hopefully this one holds its legs and lets them complete a full story line that leads into another spin off series.
Ehh I'm okay with caprica getting canned. It didn't stick to the storyline set by battlestar galactica.


Also from what I understand, machinima prime isn't airing the entire show. The show will start on scifi as well in feb with content not seen in the web series.
__________________
Team Brass Mafia - The Yorkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PEI, Canada

Yeah, reading a little more, this is sounding like it is only the pilot, and the series itself was never picked up and already canned. Which is disappointing, as the way a few other people had been talking about this I was under the impression this was the pilot, in full, being released as teasers to drum up fan base support for the full series being launched in the new year.

As for Caprica, what parts strayed from the storyline? Maybe I missed a few points from BSG, but I was getting the impression that they were sticking with things and filling in stuff that wasn't really mentioned one way or another, with a few elements having shifted into legend. (Which is one element of human life that I often see missed when people write early prequels, and they show everything as it was said to have happened, and forget that things can go one way and be said to have been another later on. Victors write the history books, along with revisionist historians and what not.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
I destroy drives for clients all the time. Sometimes, intentionally.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!
 
Dr. VonDeafingson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Yeah, reading a little more, this is sounding like it is only the pilot, and the series itself was never picked up and already canned. Which is disappointing, as the way a few other people had been talking about this I was under the impression this was the pilot, in full, being released as teasers to drum up fan base support for the full series being launched in the new year.

As for Caprica, what parts strayed from the storyline? Maybe I missed a few points from BSG, but I was getting the impression that they were sticking with things and filling in stuff that wasn't really mentioned one way or another, with a few elements having shifted into legend. (Which is one element of human life that I often see missed when people write early prequels, and they show everything as it was said to have happened, and forget that things can go one way and be said to have been another later on. Victors write the history books, along with revisionist historians and what not.)
There's another part airing Friday so who knows how many episodes will air online before the actual show's launch in February.


Caprica had many deviations from the storyline, but here are the two biggest ones that stick out to me.

1. William Adama died.

2. Zoey invents resurrection for the cylons in caprica before the cylons are even rolled into service. In BSG the final 5 are revealed to have granted the cylons with resurrection after the end of the first cylon war.

Caprica was initially pitched as a completely separate series from BSG, but the execs at scifi had the script changed to include the cylons and the Adama family. So instead of being a potentially awesome standalone series, we got a lame BSG spin-off.
__________________
Team Brass Mafia - The Yorkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: America
Send a message via AIM to blackrain

HMMMMMMMMMMM funny I don't remember that happening in the originol Battlestar Galactica.

Where was Lorn Green? I didn't even see Boxy.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PEI, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
There's another part airing Friday so who knows how many episodes will air online before the actual show's launch in February.


Caprica had many deviations from the storyline, but here are the two biggest ones that stick out to me.

1. William Adama died.

2. Zoey invents resurrection for the cylons in caprica before the cylons are even rolled into service. In BSG the final 5 are revealed to have granted the cylons with resurrection after the end of the first cylon war.

Caprica was initially pitched as a completely separate series from BSG, but the execs at scifi had the script changed to include the cylons and the Adama family. So instead of being a potentially awesome standalone series, we got a lame BSG spin-off.
Ah, wasn't it William, the older half brother of Bill Adama who died? The Resurrection in Caprica is different from that of the later BSG. BSG is true resurrection, while the Caprica one is merely a general copy, a false resurrection, which could have been played on very nicely in later seasons as it was explored more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
I destroy drives for clients all the time. Sometimes, intentionally.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Gobble Gobble...
 
HokiePB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Ah, wasn't it William, the older half brother of Bill Adama who died? The Resurrection in Caprica is different from that of the later BSG. BSG is true resurrection, while the Caprica one is merely a general copy, a false resurrection, which could have been played on very nicely in later seasons as it was explored more.
This is correct, from what I remember (I just finished watching Caprica for the first time a few weeks ago). In the final episode they specifically mention that Joseph's second son is named "William" after his deceased older brother (stating that it's Tauron tradition or something).

Also, it's pretty clear the "resurrection program" Zoey invents isn't really resurrection in the same sense the cylons have in the reimagined series. It just makes a copy of someone's personality within "V-world." When Zoey made her own avatar with the program she intentionally left out specific details of herself, making V-world Zoey a unique person (or whatever she was). I think the idea was to present a way for cylon's to have become sentient without the general human population realizing it. And also to provide an origin for the cylon religon.
HokiePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!
 
Dr. VonDeafingson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Ah, wasn't it William, the older half brother of Bill Adama who died?


It's been awhile since I watched either series.


I still feel that had the series progressed more, we would see further deviation from the BSG storyline, especially leading up to the cylon war.
__________________
Team Brass Mafia - The Yorkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC