mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   If you registered on 11/15-11/16... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/218746-if-you-registered-11-15-11-16-a.html)

Tugboater203 11-16-2012 11:56 AM

If you registered on 11/15-11/16...

Chances are your account got banned in a spammer sweep. If it's a legitimate account please pm any staff and we'll unban the original account. Just making a duplicate account will set off the alarms and since the original account is labelled a spam account any successive accounts will also be banned. I'm manually nuking over 50 accounts as we speak and the carnage continues.

Thanks to The Membership for their prompt reporting of all the spammers last night and this morning. Keep up the good work.

Greenmtnphantom 11-16-2012 12:01 PM

Tug,

Thank you and the rest of the Mods/Admins for keeping this place clean!

Phoenix01 11-16-2012 12:06 PM

The spammers have definately been picking up on all of the forums out there. One of the forums I manage just recently went through some heavy spamming but fortunately we were able to install better security measures to cut down on it. So far three weeks going and no nuking has been needed.

FiXeL 11-16-2012 01:25 PM

Spammers must die! Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into keeping MCB clean tug!

Zoo 11-16-2012 02:17 PM

"Kill them all! Let God sort 'em out."

heinous 11-16-2012 02:24 PM

can't send pm's while banned. if duplicates don't work then new members who signed up yesterday are sol.

dukie 11-16-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2535908)
can't send pm's while banned. if duplicates don't work then new members who signed up yesterday are sol.

I think you can still PM a mod while banned. I'll ban you and we can find out :)

heinous 11-16-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukie (Post 2535909)
I think you can still PM a mod while banned. I'll ban you and we can find out :)

you can't reach the pm page by clicking "private messages" on the right side, it just goes to the "you're banned" message, so you can't send or even read pm's unless there's some obscure way to get around it.

dukie 11-16-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2535917)
you can't reach the pm page by clicking "private messages" on the right side, it just goes to the "you're banned" message, so you can't send or even read pm's unless there's some obscure way to get around it.

good enough, i have never had opportunity to check. I just remember carter saying he had spoken with banned members during the ban. maybe it was through email though.

heinous 11-16-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukie (Post 2535909)

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2535917)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukie (Post 2535923)
good enough, i have never had opportunity to check. I just remember carter saying he had spoken with banned members during the ban. maybe it was through email though.

i got invited to mod a local forum not long ago, i'll ban you and we can find out :) :p