mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
I like "baby grinder".

That's good.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmanmike View Post
We got one as a gift called the baby bullet (which is a terrible name) but it worked really well and came with little travel cups
Yeah the name is unique Reviews I saw on it were average and I didn't know anyone who used one personally. I have heard things about the Magic Bullet that made me consider that as well.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have a Magic Bullet, and like it well enough for the cost. Super easy mega-fluffy pancakes? Yes please. Tasty instant shakes from random fruit? Sure thing. Everything else it claims to do? ... eh,... haven't actually bothered trying.

My cousin used the baby bullet for a few of her kids, and loved it last I had heard. It is however a popular baby shower item, so that is something to consider if you haven't had that yet.

Girl I went to university with had a "Magic Bullet", which was this small high powered 'item'... Mildly awkward, given that hers was on a wireless remote, and there was confusion during a study session in her dorm over the remote for her stereo... So since then I have not been all that comfortable with a "Magic Bullet" used in food prep, and generally refer to mine as just a blender.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
This will do the trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlMLqdvHzI
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

For our first child we used the Beaba BabyCook, Beaba BABYCOOK's Babyfood Maker: Create Healthy Meals for Baby Using this Steamer, Blender, Warmer and Defroster, All-In-One. we really liked because it steams AND blends all in 1.

There's also models from TFal, Hamilton beach and also Nuk. However, we know someone who tried the baby bullet with great success and it costs a bit less too.

Another thing you can do is visit your local Babies R Us store, they should have a few models on display.

Funny thing. we used it alot with baby #1 and never used it for baby #2 because she didnt want to eat mush and when did start eating she jumped straight to our food.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
Yeah the name is unique Reviews I saw on it were average and I didn't know anyone who used one personally. I have heard things about the Magic Bullet that made me consider that as well.
I might not have bought it based on reviews alone. It is a pretty good set up for the price. You blend the food directly into the storage cups which is a nice way to cut down on dishes. I'd reccomend it.

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Featuring Death

CCM Fan
We use something called a Bamix, never used it for baby food but it can make any type of food into unidentifiable mush.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
I've porked many

My wife used the 3.5 cup small Kitchen-Aid food processor to grind baby food as we already had it. It is great for making Guacamole and salsa for dad too.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Thanks for everyone's input!

Costco had the Magic Bullet combo thingy for $35 so I am going to give that a go. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to add your comments!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
This is a good idea, we did the same for both our kids, I thing the food tested much better. Be sure you do not start with certain foods like pineapple, strawberries etc, check with your pediatrician.

A good food processor or blender are expensive pieces of equipment, we have and I really like the Vitamix. It has a very strong and high speed motor, and the container is heat proof polycarbonate and tapers down to a small square at the base near the blades.

Of course the motor has to be strong enough not to strain when breaking ice or grinding and most of all mixing high viscosity purees. The polycarbonate container is heat proof so you can process foods hot while it is lighter tougher and easier to clean than glass. The small tapered end and square shape insures you can process small amounts of food.

I have one, I use it nearly everyday, I recommend it without reservation.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat