mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

We used the magic bullet for both our children's food needs. Four years later, it's still ticking without a hitch.

SZ

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2349991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
...this is MCB, no such thing as excessive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
You will not have a wallet shortly, just shipping receipts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Back in my day zombies didnít run. They walked. Uphill. In the snow. They ate what brains they could find and they liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaWookie151 View Post
I get bored, like really bored. So I like to make siege weapons.
SPLATTER-ZONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

We made our own baby-food for all of our 6 kids.
We used the same blender we used for making "adult" drinks. Seemed good enough.

The mentioned before, get lots and lots of ice trays. And those large "freezer" ziplock bags.

We have blended just above everything, but we always had banana, sweet potato, and avacado in the freezer. Those are the superfood bases, then we add things to those bases that might have a stronger flavor. ie blueberries, greens, beans, etc.

Then when grains became important, we would work them into the puree as well.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thank you guys for the added comments. The wealth of knowledge on MCB is great!

Our pediatrician said to remember the stop light when feeding. Start with green veggies, work your way on to yellow and then on to the red fruits and berries.

We got a great cookbook and I think I might have to order some more ice cube trays from Amazon here soon

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmag11 View Post
We got a great cookbook and I think I might have to order some more ice cube trays from Amazon here soon
For us, a full blender would fill 4 ice-cube trays, but there are different sizes of trays. We would then do another couple of batches to fill up the freezer. Nearly all ice-cube trays are stackable (you reverse them to stack).

THen once frozen, into the freezer ziplock backs (dated), usually good for 1-2 months.

For trips, we'd usually throw the frozen cubes into small tupperware, to thaw slowely. The stick them on the car heater when needed. or throw in a thermos to keep cold longer until needed. When travelling, nearly all gas stations and convenience stores have microwaves and bunn water.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mexican Ninja

Baby bullet is just a small magic bullet. Its works great. The best part is all the accessories it comes with. Very useful storage cups with a ring with the date on it and freeze tray. But its ALL pointless when your kid decides they don't want to eat anything you make. HAVE FUN!

MCB FEEDBACK EBAY FEEDBACK
CentCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

mrmag11 - I know you've already picked up a Magic Bullet, but if anyone else is looking for another option my wife and I use a Braun immersion blender with the chopping (blender type) attachment to puree foods.

Three more tips: 1) make sure it's really watery to start as thicker/lumpier foods tended to trigger my son's gag reflex. If he/she won't eat something it may be because it's too thick.

2) get a cheap shower curtain to put on the floor underneath the highchair - there will be spatter and crumbs and we've found it easier to shake out, spot clean, and roll up (to put away) a shower curtain than to clean the floor after every meal.

3) dish towels or bandanas clipped with a clothes peg or binder clip make better bibs than purpose made bibs and are generally cheaper and faster drying.

Have fun!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Go Ninja.....have mine and you can make smoothies, shaved ice, and I use mine to puree my pumpkin (very stringy) for my pies and it works great.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
we did baby led weaning with our first, and will with our second

Baby-led weaning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

never bothered with making our own baby food, just started giving her the same stuff we were eating. The first thing she ever ate was broccoli, lol
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
We have a Vitamix. The last blender you will ever buy.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Update:

Well we are two weeks into food making. Steaming apples and baking sweet potatoes. Next week starts peas. I tried with our Hamilton beach blender and while it did a good job for the $19 it cost us many years ago, the Magic Bullet I picked up at Costco is amazing! Pureeing is a piece of cake. Slap the puree in the silicon ice cube trays I bought and voila, food stuffs are frozen and ready for consumption!

Thanks for all the input everyone. It's a nice feeling making his food and seeing him enjoy what I have prepared. And my wife likes the frozen coffees she can make with the Magic Bullet

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat