mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   pocket knives help (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/221306-pocket-knives-help.html)

Jello78 12-16-2012 11:33 PM

pocket knives help

whats a good or the best pocket knife with a light for everyday use?
im looking for a tatical knife but is basically using it for paintball/outdoor/storing it in my car type of deal, i saw one with a light at the end of one. can someone help me out? im lost on this subject. whats a good brand and what should i be aware of?

Falcon16 12-16-2012 11:58 PM

I carry a basic knife it's a tacforce speedster. Lots of little knife shops sell them they usually run about $40-50,I get them cheaper as I'm a scouter and I buy all the scouts pocket knives once they pass the permit test so I get a volume discount. They have spring assisted opening, a hard spike at the end for smashing out windows and a seatbelt cutter so they a perfect knife to have in the car for emergencies. Not to mention they are made of 440 stainless and keep a very very solid edge. My other carry knife is a basic folder made by master cutlery it cost I think $20 or so. If you're a knife snob look at Gerbers or Spyderco

Kermit 12-17-2012 12:03 AM

I've been using a Buck Squire for about two months now and I really like it. Before that I carried a Buck model 110. Light enough to pocket but enough weight to feel controlled in the hands. I'd recommend it if you want a nice knife for pocketing.

I also carry a fixed blade, a buck model 119 special, in my console of my Jeep. That knife is super sturdy. It was handed down to me by my dad who got it when he was a kid. If you have the money at around $120, it's super nice. If not you can get the base model 119 for around $50.

Other than that, the only knife I might carry is a leatherman freestyle. I LOVE that tool because it is so small and sturdy, but it has enough tools to do plenty of stuff, but I doubt that's what you are looking for in a knife.

Jaan 12-17-2012 01:42 AM

I love my Kershaw Leek. It's legal to carry concealed in my state (3 inches) and is spring assist. It almost a switch blade, but still legal. I've carried it for 8 years. Excellent knife for $50 or less, and sold at Wal Mart.

Jebus 12-17-2012 01:45 AM

I carry a custom protech spring assist. It's illegal here, but it opens boxes nice.

Jello78 12-17-2012 01:47 AM

how good is S.O.G? CRKT? and Tool Logics?

mtaylor 12-17-2012 03:02 AM

I carry a sog twitch 2, it's a good EDC knife for me. It keeps an edge, and doesn't look too scary.

Crimson Death 12-17-2012 03:10 AM

Been carrying a Leatherman Wave for about 3 weeks. I'm always finding a use for it.

Tugboater203 12-17-2012 03:34 AM

I use a Spyderco Delica with a full serrated blade (I prefer that on all my knives if possible). It's small, handy and very sharp. It's also durable as hell. I've had it for 17 years and it's still going strong. It doesn't have a light though. I'd be surprised if you find a quality knife that has a flashlight in it.

ollytheosteo 12-17-2012 04:09 AM

Tool Logic | Tool Logic Knives | Built for Life

Lots of multi-function knives there, not had one personally but I believe the steel is ok and they look pretty put together.