mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   My own cute story (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/221338-my-own-cute-story.html)

Donut SD 12-17-2012 02:44 PM

My own cute story

Work was slow on the curb and I had just come off my break. I step out and find a co-worker and a traveler's aide lady speaking with this japanese woman (about 70 or so years old) just outside the terminal. I walk by and my co-worker grabs me.

[We're gonna call the japanese woman "Shizuko" because she reminds me of a classmate in college]

"Hey maybe you can help us" She says

"OK, what's up?" I reply

Turns out Shizuko can't find her car in the parking lot. I use my resource at the parking management office to find out if they still run the courtesy cart to help people find their car. To our misfortune they stopped running the service a few months ago and I had no clue. Shizuko began to tell me how she went through the lot and couldn't find her car. I ask her what kind/color it is and she says it's a Gray avalon.

Another co-worker comes off his break and I figure our numbers are ok so I can walk her to the car if we can find it. I offer to take her to the lot and she agrees. We make our way through the entrance and I ask,

"Does this area look familiar to you?"

"yes," she says "I walked underneath these trees on this sidewalk here"

It being winter the trees haven't quite shed all the leaves, so there are some falling gently as the wind blows in the San Diego winter air.

We reach the end of the first row about 200 feet away from the pedestrian entrance of the lot and I ask her again,

"Does this area look like where you came from?"

"Hmmm," she says very pronounced "I remember that bush there and this area of the lot."

We go about fifty feet further into the lot and come across a gray toyota avalon. I notice three origami cranes hanging from the rear view mirror folded from what looks to be a really flowery pattern. It's then I make the assumption it's hers. I turn to her and say,

"This must be your vehicle."

She's bent forward in what seemed like a very earnest bow and she's giggling quite like a young girl.

"Ohhh I'm so sorry!" says Shizuko "Sorry for making you walk so much"

"It's perfectly fine, I'm here to help you." I reply.

"You don't understand, I walked around the entire parking lot for my car. I didn't realize I parked so close" She laughs again.

"We had fun right? you have a nice day."

As I begin to turn she stops me so I turn back and Shizuko says,

"Thanks for the date, it was really fun." With a large smile on her face.

We laugh and she gets into her car to leave the lot and I walk back to my post on the curb near the terminal.

I couldn't stop smiling the entire day. I thought it was too cute with her saying we had a little date walking to her car with the leaves falling in the breeze. Maybe I'm a sucker for happy moments but that made my day. A lot of BS has been going on in my workplace and that took my mind off everything that day. Sometimes it's easy to forget who we can affect in our day or how simple a good deed can not only help someone but lessen the burden you have going on in life.

Take it easy everyone. Have a Merry Christmas and/or any holiday you celebrate this time of year and love someone. Be a friend. Buy the coffee for the person behind you. Stop and make a smile happen.

Laters

-Donut

DashHopes 12-17-2012 02:52 PM

:)

heinous 12-17-2012 02:53 PM

oh yeah, it's all fun and games until she has to try finding a parking spot next time. i don't know if it's just sd but everyone is so cutthroat about it lately. maybe it'll blow over.

subyrally 12-17-2012 02:55 PM

i think it is safe to say, you have done a good thing and in doing so, restored a little faith in humanity.

snaparen 12-17-2012 08:18 PM

so, what your saying is your dating a 70yr old woman?

ta2maki 12-17-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donut sd (Post 2565296)
...i notice three origami cranes hanging from the rear view mirror folded from what looks to be a really flowery pattern. It's then i make the assumption it's hers...

RACIST!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaparen (Post 2565623)
so, what your saying is your dating a 70yr old woman?

On the plus side, no teeth.

matteekay 12-17-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donut SD (Post 2565296)
Work was slow on the curb and I had just come off my break.

That's not a date... that's a freebie. Bitch, I still want my money!

Tots 12-18-2012 10:46 PM

I thought that was the cutest thing i've heard all day long, even gave me chills. Good people do exist still :)

Faith in humanity, restored.

scphantom9195 12-18-2012 11:34 PM

Great story, thanks for sharing. It made me smile.

dukie 12-19-2012 07:18 AM

i :)