mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Nintendo sixty-fooouuurrrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEL4cUTOI4
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
The original was funnier.

PS....that's all my boys play.
Long Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
that video and the original both make me want to kill something. Seriously it just shows that the next generation is a bunch of brand whores who can't simply be content with what they have. Granted yes I've owned just about every console in existence but I got them WELL after launch day sometimes well into the next generation / EOL for the console. Case in point my parents bought my a playstation for my 14th birthday the PS2 came out about 6 months later and I got a dreamcast long after they were discontinued. With that said what it made me realize is that you don't need the latest and greatest video games to have a good time with em. Case in point I play my SNES emulator and dust off my old genesis and SNES and Atari far more than I touch my 360.

I guess it comes down to the fact that since I was 15 my parents haven't bought my any of the big ticket stuff. If I wanted stuff I had to work and pay for it myself. I had a hard time finding a job in my teens and hence my first job was in a pizza joint at 18 but since then with small exceptions I've always been employed and I find that as I've had to pay for my own stuff a lot of stuff comes out that I look at and can't be bothered to spend money on. However different strokes I guess. Some people would call it silly that I have about $1000 tied up in a 5th scale 2 stroke gas RC now and well over $1000 into my pb gear and then my photography gear well let's just say stupid money tied up in lenses and other gear but I love my hobbies and will pay good money to be into them.

Just the entitlement of today's kids pisses me off. IE I bought my first 360 when I was I think 22 or 23 (can't remember exactly) and my brother was about 7 or 8 and my dad instead of respecting that I bought and paid for it myself (still lived at home while going to school) would practically force me into letting my little brother play it. I finally got fed up and told him NO I paid for it and your kid breaks all of his toys why should I let him touch an expensive thing I bought for myself? Funny how that same Christmas a 360 shows up under the tree for my brother. Yet now at 11 the selfish little does nothing to help around the house and basically sits on his playing video games from the time he gets home until he goes to bed and then my sister well don't get me started.

ugh

/rant on entitled bratty children

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Falcon? do you need a hug?
DPrekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
nah just I see videos that show how entitled the next generation is and it makes me sick. with that said your post made me chuckle. That's why I love it here you can have your opinion and nobody flies off the handle

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
that video and the original both make me want to kill something. Seriously it just shows that the next generation is a bunch of brand whores who can't simply be content with what they have. Granted yes I've owned just about every console in existence but I got them WELL after launch day sometimes well into the next generation / EOL for the console. Case in point my parents bought my a playstation for my 14th birthday the PS2 came out about 6 months later and I got a dreamcast long after they were discontinued. With that said what it made me realize is that you don't need the latest and greatest video games to have a good time with em. Case in point I play my SNES emulator and dust off my old genesis and SNES and Atari far more than I touch my 360.

I guess it comes down to the fact that since I was 15 my parents haven't bought my any of the big ticket stuff. If I wanted stuff I had to work and pay for it myself. I had a hard time finding a job in my teens and hence my first job was in a pizza joint at 18 but since then with small exceptions I've always been employed and I find that as I've had to pay for my own stuff a lot of stuff comes out that I look at and can't be bothered to spend money on. However different strokes I guess. Some people would call it silly that I have about $1000 tied up in a 5th scale 2 stroke gas RC now and well over $1000 into my pb gear and then my photography gear well let's just say stupid money tied up in lenses and other gear but I love my hobbies and will pay good money to be into them.

Just the entitlement of today's kids pisses me off. IE I bought my first 360 when I was I think 22 or 23 (can't remember exactly) and my brother was about 7 or 8 and my dad instead of respecting that I bought and paid for it myself (still lived at home while going to school) would practically force me into letting my little brother play it. I finally got fed up and told him NO I paid for it and your kid breaks all of his toys why should I let him touch an expensive thing I bought for myself? Funny how that same Christmas a 360 shows up under the tree for my brother. Yet now at 11 the selfish little does nothing to help around the house and basically sits on his playing video games from the time he gets home until he goes to bed and then my sister well don't get me started.

ugh

You got all of that from a video showing 2 kids going bananas because they got what they wanted for christmas? Here's a classic to ease your pain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK4zCSXA9co
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
WALZ Jr.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
^ I was ready for him to go karate kid on all their asses Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
I told him NOT to fart with an upset stomache. never trust a fart!
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Barned

Kind've mean....I wouldn't do that if I was a parent. Kids these days are also pressured a lot by their parents to get good grades, and not neccisarily a job. I know kids who's parents will literally go ape sh*t if they don't get a 92 average. And no, I'm not referring to the kind of kids who study all day. I myself didn't get much until I started getting an A average. I was supposed to get honor roll in grade 6 but I didn't and had asked for an itouch. My mom got one before in advance and when I didn't get honor roll she was REAL mad and the only reason I got it was because it was already bought. So well some kids ARE spoilt, some that also appear to be spoilt aren't, they have to 'pay' for it in a way, just not through money.
Oh, and by the way, I'm 14 if anybodies curious.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.

Last edited by Bloop; 12-17-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Imagine what that kid'll do when he gets laid for the first time.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post

ugh

I really thought this video was the opposite of entitlement. These kids are so excited because they obviously did not expect to get the Nintendo. I had a similar experience as a kid with a Lego Space Monorail. I had no expectation to get the set I badly wanted. My parents did not have that much money. But, after pooling money from both sets of grandparents, I only got two presents that year. However, one of them was the Lego Monorail. I was so excited.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat