mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #31 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
is this the first? NSFW language https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oSzLS0j9fY
I'd have revved that bad boy to 4500 RPMs and let out a GIGANTIC cloud of black smoke just because I could. I have Flowmaster Super 44 dual 4" exhaust on my truck, which is 2 times louder than my friend's Ram 3500 Cummings. Let someone come say that crap to me. I'll let them know my feels about it.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippmannFireman View Post
I'd have revved that bad boy to 4500 RPMs and let out a GIGANTIC cloud of black smoke just because I could. I have Flowmaster Super 44 dual 4" exhaust on my truck, which is 2 times louder than my friend's Ram 3500 Cummings. Let someone come say that crap to me. I'll let them know my feels about it.
Haha, that super 44 makes my MBRP sound like a gasser. Luckily my 7.3 ex smokes a whole lot sooner than 4500.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
That exhaust sounds good! I have people in diesels look at me whenever I go riding past them, and even when I start it up in a parking lot. When I hit 3500 RPMs my rear view mirror shakes from the sound. I'm sure a good diesel will smoke LONG before 4500, but I'd hit 4500 anyway just for good measure.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Spyder

Yea, I'm always checking out you guys with those super 44s. I would like one but won't subject my kids to that. 7.3s redline at 3200, so I'm blowing smoke pretty quick compared to you.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Needs new knees

You guys and your blowing black smoke all over everyone just makes people hate Diesels even more. LOL. My Cummings will blow some smoke when I am really on it and have a good load, But I try and not do it right in/on people, thats just plain rude to do it on purpose. If you watch trucks with the full banks set-ups barely smoke and make the same power, thats my goal with modifying my truck.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

I agree, Banks himself has said that when you see black smoke it is lost power. What most people don't realize is that the black smoke they see doesn't go up into the atmosphere, instead it settles down to the ground.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
You guys and your blowing black smoke all over everyone just makes people hate Diesels even more. LOL. My Cummings will blow some smoke when I am really on it and have a good load, But I try and not do it right in/on people, thats just plain rude to do it on purpose. If you watch trucks with the full banks set-ups barely smoke and make the same power, thats my goal with modifying my truck.
I think they're referencing the woman who was screaming at the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix01 View Post
I agree, Banks himself has said that when you see black smoke it is lost power. What most people don't realize is that the black smoke they see doesn't go up into the atmosphere, instead it settles down to the ground.
I got to help with the quarterly full cleaning of a shipping warehouse a few times with a former job. There would be two or three large trucks driven into the lower end of the warehouse and shut down for the night. Then in the morning run only long enough to warm the engine up enough that they can pull out to the main lot while the final check lists for their runs was processed.

Not an exceptionally long time to have these trucks running in the building, and the large air handlers in theory took the bulk of it out of the building, but still in about 3 months a good 1/8th of an inch of soot would build up on the ceiling fan blades. Nasty black carbon stuff. (But actually rather harmless as far as the environment cares.)
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #39 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

The diesel engines are made by CummINS not CummINGS! Sorry, but the the spelling/grammar nazi in me couldn't resist after seeing it spelled wrong in half of this thread.

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarMonkey View Post
The diesel engines are made by CummINS not CummINGS! Sorry, but the the spelling/grammar nazi in me couldn't resist after seeing it spelled wrong in half of this thread.
Beat me to it. That drives me nuts.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat