mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   The Apocalypse (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/221654-apocalypse.html)

Donut SD 12-21-2012 12:00 PM

The Apocalypse

Hello everyone and welcome to the apocalypse! It's a beautiful one this morning isn't it? Now, if this is your first time playing DO NOT be alarmed. Remember, any blunt object can be used as a weapon and to start you off, look to your right! The first item you find will be your starting weapon. Remember there are no respawns, unless of course you are mortally wounded by zombies in which case you'd contract a special virus that will qualify you for one, and only one respawn! In which case your weapon selection diminishes quite rapidly!! For those of you who've prepped for this day now is a good time to crawl out of your bunkers and safehouses and begin your adventure. For all the rest of you, welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! Thanks for joining! Remember: if it bleeds you can kill it, if it breaths you probably can't trust it. As a note to you all, any money you've accumulated over the years is now worthless. Any and all who desire to spend money can pm me for my paypal address and I will happily receive any and all donations for the apocalypse fund. In which you will receive a random tip and or hint for your survival, or a clue from the crossword newspaper next to me.

Let me say thank you again for joining me on this adventure, and as well I pray the comeraderie of the people will prove beneficial in this time of humanity's declination. If you are from the future and are still a bit woozy from stepping out of the time tunnel, this message won't do you any good anyway.

Have fun during your stay in the apocalypse!

Saint_TGM 12-21-2012 12:17 PM

I must say that as Apocalypses go, this one has been very disappointing. NO zombies! NO social anarchy! NO aliens beaming up the select Chosen Ones! NO pole shifts plunging the earth into utter ruin! NO strange unnamed planets crashing into us at astronomically fantastic speeds. This sucks!

Millar156 12-21-2012 12:22 PM

Hmmm... The object directly to the right of me is a wooden folding chair. Guess I'm going into the apocalypse WWE style!

El Super Beasto 12-21-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootho (Post 2569241)
NO social anarchy!

Where have you been. Not in north america lately. Not in a school or a movie theatre at least. It was the end of the world for a lot of people this year.

Lets reflect on that and worry not about zombies, but armed sociopaths, pollution, war and all those things that are tangible in the here and now. Lest we go out with a whimper.

Bored383 12-21-2012 12:49 PM

I'll just sit here waiting for Zarquon

MorueM 12-21-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millar156 (Post 2569248)
Hmmm... The object directly to the right of me is a wooden folding chair. Guess I'm going into the apocalypse WWE style!

Eh, I've got a towel..

Patar 12-21-2012 01:08 PM

Meh, it's quite overcast and windy here. Hopefully the weather will get good enough to grill some chicken and burgers, as I was planning. Then tomorrow I get to clean up all my gear and hopefully hit the field Sunday :)

freedummy 12-21-2012 01:12 PM

Eh, this apocalypse lacks the luster and panic of the last one. I think I'll sit this one out and see what the next one brings.

ApoC_101 12-21-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedummy (Post 2569297)
Eh, this apocalypse lacks the luster and panic of the last one. I think I'll sit this one out and see what the next one brings.

Well you know, an apocalypse should actually be a positive thing, not a "mass destruction and panic" scenario... The original meaning of "Apocalypse" is an unveiling of great truths and revelations.... we just take that as meaning "great destruction and doom" nowadays.

usagi_tetsu 12-21-2012 01:19 PM

This apocalypse is much like the Y2K apocalypse - long on hype, short on delivery. Oh well, I wasn't feeling up to running around shooting things in the head all weekend anyway.