mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
NJ Airsoft?

anyone on here play airsoft? a buddy of mine is trying to get me into it, looks really cool but can someone shed some more light on me? how many fields are there? what is the going rate to play? what do you wear? what website or store do you buy from and most importantly, what is the best/good rifle and pistol. To me i find that my G6r is the best poppit that ever came out since its everything in a gun (fast, light, efficient, etc.) im such a newb for airsoft. please help me out
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It is fun, but paintball imo is much better. In airsoft it can be really difficult to know when your hit. If someone is wearing thick clothes there is a good chance >80ft they won't feel the hit. AEG's(the most common) aren't very fps consistent and have numerous moving parts, so the gearboxes can be extremely temperamental. If you are curios about airsoft, borrow or rent a gun first.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
how good are WE m4's? compared to KWA M4's? in GBB form only
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
It is fun, but paintball imo is much better. In airsoft it can be really difficult to know when your hit. If someone is wearing thick clothes there is a good chance >80ft they won't feel the hit. AEG's(the most common) aren't very fps consistent and have numerous moving parts, so the gearboxes can be extremely temperamental. If you are curios about airsoft, borrow or rent a gun first.
There are many within the airsoft community who would say otherwise. Many believe that AEG are much more consistent and in general need much less maintenance than a gbbr would (unless its a crap aeg)
But in general, AEGs are much less maintenance heavy, but are much harder to do maintenance on. GBBRs need maintenance more regularly but are easier to maintain.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Any AEG is pretty much the most common gun type you can buy....hard to beat for the money in all honesty.

I used to be into airsoft more than paintball, but I've lost touch with it.

Echo 1 STAG-15 A4 Rifle AEG Airsoft Gun by: ECHO 1 - Airsoft GI -
I was told to go buy that when I got into it so I did. Never really had a problem with it.

We ran around in BDU's that we got from surplus stores, never really had a problem. Worked well and they were cheap. That's really the only reason I got into airsoft, the price was a little less and the cleanup was much more acceptable, we could play in the woods behind our house.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello78 View Post
how good are WE m4's? compared to KWA M4's? in GBB form only
gasguns.info forum • Index page
Here is a great resource for gas guns
When it comes to gbbrs, it isnt as simple as one is better than the other. There are many tings to take into consideration like cost, availability of parts, consistency, durability, quality of materials, kick, simplicity, knowledge base, availability of upgrades etc. Here in Canada, a lot of ppl love their WE gas guns. They are one of the cheapest gbbr (in canada at least), good kick, lots of upgrades, and if u know how to take care of them, they will last for a very long time (despite the cheap metals used). However, i can guarantee u that many in the USA will say that WE sucks, cheap build quality and will break very quickly.

Also take into account the if you're new to airsoft, gbbrs might not be for you. Depending on where u play and their playstyle, you may find yourself constantly out gunned......wait wtf am i saying? MCBers are used to constantly being out gunned hahahaha
But as Kmak said, probalby would be best to rent a gun first if u can.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 12-25-2012 at 08:06 PM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat