mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Anything can be over hyped by the wrong person. I think Glocks are over hyped by a ton of people.
I agree.
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
I agree.
I agree on the glock. I love the simplicity and I love striker fired weapons, but I cant shoot a glock to save my life (zing!). My xdm on the other hand, LOVE IT

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #53 (permalink)

As many guns as have shot, only shot one XDM compact in .40 cal. I wasn't really impressed but then again I'm not a fan of .40 cal.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #54 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
The P-series are the one that are restricted though.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2408/picture1jha.png
Restricted is not the right word. 9mm +P rounds are equivalent to 9mm NATO, for which the P series is chambered and the manual section you posted says as much. It also says the P series will eat SAMMI spec ammo, of which +P is one. Admittedly, +P+ is a whole different animal, and no SAMMI specs for it exist.

HK used black text and the term "NOTE", not red text and WARNING or CAUTION, for a reason. +P and +P+ ammo increase wear and tear on any and all weapons, and HK's new policy is to not recommend its use because of that increased wear... but the P series is rated for such rounds. Indeed, the P series is really just an ergonomically modifed USPc, the manual for which has the same warning about increased wear without the "recomendation" against +P/+P+.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.

Last edited by John Satclaire; 12-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #55 (permalink)

^ Correct.

+P+ ammo puts a lot of stress on the frame due to the increased recoil and shock. Me personally don't think high pressure rounds are necessary on a pistol. Why have high pressure round in a pistol when your main purpose is to shoot at close range? If anything use "subsonic" ones that will decrease over penetration and have less flash.

The main reason they put that there is for legal and warranty reason. They don't want to be hold liable in the event that something does happen when using it. When my father in-law had his incident, they will not cover the damage under warranty. So I'm guessing that's why they are putting that there now.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #56 (permalink)
I've porked many

I like anything that goes bang every time I pull the trigger. My Glock 21 is butt ugly but reliable.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Kicking Cancer's ***

Send a message via AIM to Moose

CCM Fan
Couple of things on your choices...

If you are going for new, good luck finding the CZ in stock in the US. They have hit their import limit for the year. New ones are not expected to hit shelves until Feb/Mar.

Do not limit yourself until you try all of the weapons you re interested in. Once you have tried them, try more. You want a pistol you are comfortable with. If you are getting it for a carry piece, you must be comfortable shooting it.

I a not a fan of 9mm for a defensive round. This is due to personal experience as I watched two LEO's hit a guy with 4 9mm rounds and he continued to fight.

Since you are interested in the SR9C, check out its slightly larger brother, the SR40C.

Proud Recipient of Project M - Thanks MCB!!!

MCB Feedback
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #58 (permalink)
Maybe....... Just maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
I agree on the glock. I love the simplicity and I love striker fired weapons, but I cant shoot a glock to save my life (zing!). My xdm on the other hand, LOVE IT
You want simplicity and/or realiablity look at a solid frame .38, Pistols are like cars, you got to test drive before you buy. Find a good dealer, one with a range, great sales/service/support people that won't bull#*$% you. Build a relation with the dealer and stay away from those gander mountain and cabela's stores, no offense but those people would sell you $3000 dollar firearm, and forget your name the next day.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #59 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I own 1 revolver, the s&w governer. I would never carry one in a million years. ESPECIALLY in a 38

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #60 (permalink)

I love 1911 for its stopping power but its a lil difficult to CC with since its just so freaking big. I'm currently looking for a nice snub nose 357 that I can use for CC. My boss, mind you the man is the nicest person you will ever meet and a youth pastor to boot, has a snub nose 357 in a cc paddle holster and a small 38 in a boot holster. Aint no body pissing in his cheerios..
POTE is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat