mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   I was shot today in a Home Hardware (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/221826-i-shot-today-home-hardware.html)

DashHopes 12-24-2012 10:18 AM

I was shot today in a Home Hardware

Not to worry it was just a pellet gun but I admit it was quite surprising. So I was standing by the pet section looking for pet gifts when I hear a shot go off (In my head it was a paintball gun lol) and I feel my left jean pant leg move and felt something graze against my calf followed by a metal hitting on metal sound as the pellet hit the steel shelving. I look down and see a pellet on the floor, I then turn around and see a employee looking at me with a pale white face and dropped jaw holding a pellet gun. The first words out of his mouth were "That didn't hit you did it?" I told him yes but it just grazed me which was followed by lots and lots of apologies and saying he was stupid and should have never tested it there, I told him it could have been worse but I didn't lose an eye. I guess what had happened is someone returned the pellet gun earlier saying it wasn't working so he was checking it out and pulled the trigger and alas it did work.

maggot 12-24-2012 10:26 AM

What an idiot! Hard to say how I would have reacted, I think that is one of those "you have to be there" situations.

seal 12-24-2012 10:34 AM

NEW JEANS!!! woooo

Zoo 12-24-2012 10:49 AM

You both were lucky absolutely! How old did the worker appear to be? Sounds like he was not trained to properly handle a gun. "It's always loaded and works, until you yourself check it properly."

chrislognshot 12-24-2012 10:50 AM

why in the hell did he not take to warehouse part of store to test it out. that would been the best spot to test it. that would been the best place to do it. also why not say something since what chance of him doing again. i worked for few remodels over the past 3 years and you find people just looking for job to have fun on. also it holiday season some people just look extra job or something get them by while they look for full time work.

DashHopes 12-24-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoo (Post 2571717)
You both were lucky absolutely! How old did the worker appear to be? Sounds like he was not trained to properly handle a gun. "It's always loaded and works, until you yourself check it properly."

I would say around 50 years old hes been there as long as I can remember. I agree and I know this store and area and guns of any kind are rarely bought and sold. They dont even have pellet guns on display you have to order them so i imagine training in that area is nil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrislognshot (Post 2571718)
why in the hell did he not take to warehouse part of store to test it out. that would been the best spot to test it. that would been the best place to do it. also why not say something since what chance of him doing again. i worked for few remodels over the past 3 years and you find people just looking for job to have fun on. also it holiday season some people just look extra job or something get them by while they look for full time work.

As i was saying to Zoo he has been around forever and is a full time worker but they dont deal in this kind of product it had to be ordered by the stores online catalog. I agree with you fully on what and where he should have tested it and trust me by his reaction he will not be doing that again just too bad it was the hard way lesson and being the holidays I can forgive knowing that is was an accident that wont be repeated.

Edit: He even said "I should have done this in the backroom"

RatFink 12-25-2012 09:41 AM

That's just Karma gunning for you, simple as that. If I were you, I would watch my back and be nice to as many senior citizens as possible in the next few weeks...

Shut Em Down 12-25-2012 10:46 AM

Bounce, play on.

Still very dumb to test or even handle the gun in store like that. Was it like a ace hardware or a big store like lowes or homedepot?

El Super Beasto 12-25-2012 10:59 AM

You wont sue? Just kidding. In Canada, we apologize after getting shot.

DashHopes 12-25-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatFink (Post 2572363)
That's just Karma gunning for you, simple as that. If I were you, I would watch my back and be nice to as many senior citizens as possible in the next few weeks...

Karma is a bitch lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shut Em Down (Post 2572396)
Bounce, play on.

Still very dumb to test or even handle the gun in store like that. Was it like a ace hardware or a big store like lowes or homedepot?

Its funny because the whole thing felt like a paintball moment lol. Its a big chain of stores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Super Beasto (Post 2572405)
You wont sue? Just kidding. In Canada, we apologize after getting shot.

Not only did I apologize i gave him back the pellet!