mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
DashHopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec Canada

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I was shot today in a Home Hardware

Not to worry it was just a pellet gun but I admit it was quite surprising. So I was standing by the pet section looking for pet gifts when I hear a shot go off (In my head it was a paintball gun lol) and I feel my left jean pant leg move and felt something graze against my calf followed by a metal hitting on metal sound as the pellet hit the steel shelving. I look down and see a pellet on the floor, I then turn around and see a employee looking at me with a pale white face and dropped jaw holding a pellet gun. The first words out of his mouth were "That didn't hit you did it?" I told him yes but it just grazed me which was followed by lots and lots of apologies and saying he was stupid and should have never tested it there, I told him it could have been worse but I didn't lose an eye. I guess what had happened is someone returned the pellet gun earlier saying it wasn't working so he was checking it out and pulled the trigger and alas it did work.
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.
 
maggot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MO

What an idiot! Hard to say how I would have reacted, I think that is one of those "you have to be there" situations.
__________________


Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
when in doubt EBD
 
seal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austin, Texas

NEW JEANS!!! woooo
__________________
Extreme paintball east Austin, Texas
http://www.xtremepb.net/ great guys run this place and run it well. pm me if you want to meet there.
Hammer head barrels (great guys) and their barrels shoot great also.

914 Dogs of War (Major)

Aztec Warriors scenario team Texas
Member of Land Sharks

I do home lending in Texas. Need a house let me know if nothing else its free advice.
seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice
 
Zoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Blue Jackets' HQ

You both were lucky absolutely! How old did the worker appear to be? Sounds like he was not trained to properly handle a gun. "It's always loaded and works, until you yourself check it properly."
__________________

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook


Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

why in the hell did he not take to warehouse part of store to test it out. that would been the best spot to test it. that would been the best place to do it. also why not say something since what chance of him doing again. i worked for few remodels over the past 3 years and you find people just looking for job to have fun on. also it holiday season some people just look extra job or something get them by while they look for full time work.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
DashHopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec Canada

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
You both were lucky absolutely! How old did the worker appear to be? Sounds like he was not trained to properly handle a gun. "It's always loaded and works, until you yourself check it properly."
I would say around 50 years old hes been there as long as I can remember. I agree and I know this store and area and guns of any kind are rarely bought and sold. They dont even have pellet guns on display you have to order them so i imagine training in that area is nil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
why in the hell did he not take to warehouse part of store to test it out. that would been the best spot to test it. that would been the best place to do it. also why not say something since what chance of him doing again. i worked for few remodels over the past 3 years and you find people just looking for job to have fun on. also it holiday season some people just look extra job or something get them by while they look for full time work.
As i was saying to Zoo he has been around forever and is a full time worker but they dont deal in this kind of product it had to be ordered by the stores online catalog. I agree with you fully on what and where he should have tested it and trust me by his reaction he will not be doing that again just too bad it was the hard way lesson and being the holidays I can forgive knowing that is was an accident that wont be repeated.

Edit: He even said "I should have done this in the backroom"
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Underdog? I got your back
 
RatFink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Under a De Facto government in the USA

That's just Karma gunning for you, simple as that. If I were you, I would watch my back and be nice to as many senior citizens as possible in the next few weeks...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Shut Em Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Katy, Texas

Bounce, play on.

Still very dumb to test or even handle the gun in store like that. Was it like a ace hardware or a big store like lowes or homedepot?
__________________
I <3 Phantoms and Mags
Katy, Texas
Shut Em Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Faces Mowed: -1
 
El Super Beasto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Palmers Fan
You wont sue? Just kidding. In Canada, we apologize after getting shot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
God damn them all, I was told we'd cruise the boards for paintgun gold
We'd fire no junk, shed no tears
Now I have a broken eliminator on Halifax pier, the last of USI's privateers
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
El Super Beasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
DashHopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec Canada

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
That's just Karma gunning for you, simple as that. If I were you, I would watch my back and be nice to as many senior citizens as possible in the next few weeks...
Karma is a bitch lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Em Down View Post
Bounce, play on.

Still very dumb to test or even handle the gun in store like that. Was it like a ace hardware or a big store like lowes or homedepot?
Its funny because the whole thing felt like a paintball moment lol. Its a big chain of stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
You wont sue? Just kidding. In Canada, we apologize after getting shot.
Not only did I apologize i gave him back the pellet!
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC