mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

I went to DePauw in Indiana, which is about as heavily Greek as it gets. Our school actually made 20/20 for not-so-good Greek reasons, but I loved it. Literally over 70% the school is in a fraternity and sorority. When you count girls who dropped out of their sororities and freshmen that will join in, it goes even higher. We also have several Alpha chapters on our campus. I was in Delta Upsilon there, and wouldn't change anything if I had the option to join again. It was great for me, and I got to call about 200 men my brother over the four years for it. That's a lot when you consider the school only has 2000 people. It also got me into recruiting (I was our rush chair), which is what I do professionally now. I never would have gotten into it had I not joined my house.

My cousin is in Phi Delt at DePauw, and seems happy. Houses tend to vary a lot over time, and definitely change between campuses. It's interesting to see reputations at different schools. Also, to those saying your buying friends, you really have no idea how off you are. It's really ignorant.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Engineer

CCM Fan
Well said!
That'll teach her
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Mini a t2 or s6/6.5
Then eblade it

My Feedback

There exists few things that you can break short of total destruction that I cannot repair
masternater1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

I was in DU at the University of Central Florida chapter.

Last edited by JaKaL; 12-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.
JaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
Also, to those saying your buying friends, you really have no idea how off you are. It's really ignorant.
You're right, you didn't buy those friends, your parents bought the friends.

I'm sorry, it's just too easy when it comes to this subject! I only tease because I love you MCBers. We spent a lot of time partying at the Sig Ep and Pike frat houses, and had a good time. I'm just glad I didn't have to foot the bill!

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I never cared much for the frats at my school.

The most I ever really saw of them was in the gym where they were big fans of attempting to weight lift in sandals, jeans, and popped collars. The fist pumping after a 185 pound guy put up 155 while benching was always amusing.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
I was president of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia at Florida State. It was a great time. We're not a traditional social frat but rather a men's only music fraternity.

Hey Listessa it's cool to see another band person on here.
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Oddly enough, it actually was cheaper for me to be in my fraternity than live in the university housing, by a few thousand a year. And while you might be kidding, a lot of people who have no idea what they're talking about when they say that. Just an example of how my house didn't exactly fit a normal stereotype of a fraternity. On Sundays in the fall, we had several active brothers at the football game, including the starting LT/captain of the team, half the o-line, the FB and TE, and half the d-line on the team. We also had both the mascots, the reporter covering the game, and two cheerleaders, including an openly gay and flamboyant black cheerleader in a school in Indiana (under 10% of the school was black). And my house is far from unique. Fraternities can vary a lot in background, and not everyone wants to be in a house that looks like it walked off an Abercrombie catalog (although that is there too if that's your thing). Common interests and ideals aren't bought, you have them or you don't.

And at my campus, I don't know too much about others, all the houses were really inclusive about parties. At least few houses threw them every weekend, and everyone was welcome with free beer and liquor to anyone at each house, guy or girl, unless it was one of the two closed parties per semester. That part was really cool.

To the OP, if you wanted a fun road trip that's only a couple hours and wanted to meet a few of your brothers at another campus, at least back when I was at DePauw Phi Delt had a big party every year that involved a Hawaiian theme and flooding their enclosed courtyard. I'd assume that they're still doing it. It was one of their big ones every year.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

The frat boys here are some of the sorriest pieces of **** I've ever seen. Losers. Every single one of them. Love attention, being alpha, but in reality were probably picked on in high school. Probably only join to "be a part of something bigger than themselves, and make friends while they're at it". But in reality, nobody cares enough about the frats to even point and laugh at them.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
^1/10 obvious troll
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Pi Lambda Phi alumnus here.

Greek life isn't for everyone.
On the point of paying for friends, they sure are a hell of a lot cheaper than this hobby/sport that I cherish so dear.

Everyone's mileage with greek life will vary. I had a blast with my experience, but that is mine and not yours.

As for drinking, I didn't really drink until I made it to gradschool.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat