mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniwersel View Post
Curious, why'd you go for the active isolation instead of the passive? I listened to the passive version yesterday at frys, which is $100 cheaper, and fell in love. I was considering saving up for them, but my oakleys fell out of my back pocket when I was listening to music and in the 2 or 3 minutes they were on the ground, someone stole them.
Ended up buying a pair of oakley holbrooks instead, oh well. Merry Christmas to me.
Sorry about your Oakleys man! I had a pair of Arnettes that disappeared like that. They were my favorite glasses and even worse, you can't get them anymore. But anyway, Best Buy didn't carry the passive ones, otherwise I likely would have went for them. But, the active ones do work without batteries, so it's kind of the best of both worlds. The noise cancellation is amazing considering I'm coming from $20 Phillips earbuds. And as I said, they only ran me a few bucks out of my own pocket

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
Sorry about your Oakleys man! I had a pair of Arnettes that disappeared like that. They were my favorite glasses and even worse, you can't get them anymore. But anyway, Best Buy didn't carry the passive ones, otherwise I likely would have went for them. But, the active ones do work without batteries, so it's kind of the best of both worlds. The noise cancellation is amazing considering I'm coming from $20 Phillips earbuds. And as I said, they only ran me a few bucks out of my own pocket
That's sweet! I'm planning on either picking up some shure earbuds (se215/se315, maybe even a multidriver) or the passive monsters. My dad runs a small recording studio in our house, so nice headphones are a plus. And this is coming from the guy with 10 dollar headphones :P
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #63 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Snow tires so I don't die.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #64 (permalink)
MCB Member

A 4x8 sheet of peg board some 1x3's, and screws. This is to put up in the man cave to display my guns on. Oh also some knurling tools, reamers and a mill vice.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #65 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I got a few things for myself over the last couple weeks but, in keeping with what I perceive to be the intent of the thread- those things associated with Christmas that you got yourself (i.e. using the gift cards).

I got a pair of Oakley Fastjackets (gloss black frame, black iridium lenses) with a couple of Visa cards.

Kind of related- I bought a gift for a white elephant exchange in the office. Nobody picked my box off of the table by the time it was my turn (I was a bit past halfway through the crowd), so I went the safe route and picked my own. Nobody saw fit to take it from me so, I kept it: A Leatherman Style CS- a perfect key-chain sized multi-tool :P

I still got a couple more cards- Macy's and Men's Warehouse but, they are at the level where I'll need to contribute a little of my own money to get something really nice (like a sportscoat or such).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #66 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

I just grabbed a 2 TB external HD and, finally, a GoPro Hero 2 to replace my Tachyon OPS. HD helmetcam footage for the new year!

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #67 (permalink)

Kimber Pro Raptor 2 Stainless steel. my first .45 and ive never had so much fun at the range

MCB Feedback
teddyashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #68 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
A 4x8 sheet of peg board some 1x3's, and screws. This is to put up in the man cave to display my guns on. Oh also some knurling tools, reamers and a mill vice.
Remember I said I picked up that peg board.... I got around to putting it up today and it is full I might need another one.
Attached Images

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat