mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
People dressing improperly for the weather RANT!

So it's the first decent snow of the year in this part of Canada. We got about 15cm over night and you'd think the world had ended. So a volunteer driver comes to my door this morning to pick up my son to go for his visit with his mother (long story for another day) anyways he then proceeds to get snippy at me because I wasn't willing to go out in 70KPH gusting winds last night OR get up at 5am this morning to shovel. Funny thing is he's a heavily overweight asthmatic who wasn't even wearing boots! My head nearly exploded at his idiocy. Seriously we live in Canada it snows! firstly if he lost some weight walking wouldn't be as much of a challenge and secondly if he actually had on proper footwear he wouldn't have to complain that "Well now I have to go home first and change my shoes and socks because they are all wet" ing idiot!

UGH learn to dress properly for the weather people seriously drives me up a wall.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
We got about 15cm over night and you'd think the world had ended.
DOES NOT COMPUTE

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

A little more than 6 inches.

Hell we got about 8 inches. I wear my rain pants and gators and good winter hiking boots just to shovel.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

drive your own kid, problem solved.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
Ouch. I have to somewhat agree with heinous' sentiment here, though. I mean you are sitting here insulting the guy that volunteered to drive your kid?

Anyways, I saw a lot of girls walking around in their hooker shoes and short skirts at the bar the other night. It was 20 degrees outside... not much common sense!

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
Do you know Why someone else is driving the kid? If you're not aware of the reason then you should likely keep such opinions to yourself for the time being.

But it is really sad to see how little sense some people have in winter clothing. Especially here on the east coast where the weather can change so drastically in a short period.

People walking around in low cut footwear and tight pants are almost amusing if it wasn't kind of sad. The other week I was standing behind a group of women waiting for the lights to change at a cross walk and listened to them complaining about the cold. One of them was wearing sheer leggings with a mini skirt, and a small tight jacket with no hood or hat. This is Canada, not the South Pacific, or south anywhere (Besides Canada...), and there are some expectations as to clothing to wear when you leave your house for a very good reason: It Gets Bloody Cold Out There, it gets slippery, and you should use proper gear. I don't bring a parka to the tropics and plan to wear it out side in the sun, and people shouldn't come in the middle of winter and plan to wear whatever they please.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Do you know Why someone else is driving the kid? If you're not aware of the reason then you should likely keep such opinions to yourself for the time being.
doesn't matter. he said the other guy's a volunteer. he's looking a gift horse in the mouth with this thread.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I do agree, it's insane to see how people don't dress for the weather (yes, it is Canada, it does snow and it does get cold, SURPRISE) and always complain they are cold. I think everyone should have to spend a winter in Sudbury or further north so that the idea really sinks in.

Me, I'm comfy in a jeans, a hoody and a leather jacket with regular shoes. Gloves, toque and a scarf and boom, good to go for anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post

Anyways, I saw a lot of girls walking around in their hooker shoes and short skirts at the bar the other night. It was 20 degrees outside... not much common sense!
They got your attention right? It seems their plan worked fine.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
A little more than 6 inches.

Hell we got about 8 inches. I wear my rain pants and gators and good winter hiking boots just to shovel.

I usually wear flip flops and shorts during winter here!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat