mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
A friend and I used to fire tumble-recovery model rockets horizontally from the parking lot over our high school football games. We never got caught but we enjoyed hearing our friends talk about it on Monday.

My father told me that when growing up in Nebraska, he and his friends would bring their loaded shotguns and leave them leaning against the back wall of the classroom, and go pheasant hunting on their way home afterwards.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Barned

I think it's more in the US that this kind of stuff happens. Not much brewing up here in Canada.

I think it's because police are very [from my point of view] corrupt in a way, and abuse their power in any way they can. You see so many videos of it on the internet, it's countless. Even children become victims of this kind of things. As others have pointed out, this also creates a lot of paranoia. This is probably going to hurt paintball too eventually. People are going to see some guy test firing his new marker in the back yard and assume he's a phsyco shooting at the neighbours across from him and call the police.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #43 (permalink)

I don't see it as being an issue of police corruption. Their hands are mostly tied.

This is a result of school administrators implementing moronic zero-tolerance policies designed to remove discretion (and thus need all common sense) from the hands of anyone in the school and rewards paranoid over-reaction because it lessens potential liability.

Everyone involved knows that the policy is stupid, the outcome is unjust, but dares not speak out against the policy for fear of looking irresponsible.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I don't see it as being an issue of police corruption. Their hands are mostly tied.

This is a result of school administrators implementing moronic zero-tolerance policies designed to remove discretion (and thus need all common sense) from the hands of anyone in the school and rewards paranoid over-reaction because it lessens potential liability.

Everyone involved knows that the policy is stupid, the outcome is unjust, but dares not speak out against the policy for fear of looking irresponsible.
just like you said. people are going want to schools to have do this.This is a result of school administrators implementing moronic zero-tolerance policies designed to remove discretion (and thus need all common sense) from the hands of anyone in the school and rewards paranoid over-reaction because it lessens potential liability. its also the fact people will want to sue if any bad happens too. we live in country where people will want to sue for money just because nothing was done to protect there kids or did not have implementing moronic zero-tolerance policies. yes it suck that this stuff happens since we can not control how some act or know if some metal health or illness can let to some get bullied and cause them to go off depend. or live family that so abusive they will do something like this too. since metal health will all get in way of someone doing some so bad or not proper.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #45 (permalink)
playing with old toys

Allow me to partially paraphrase something.

You can only have freedom or security, now choose.

Last edited by kevdupuis; 01-01-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: silly spelling
kevdupuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
all work

There's plenty of this going on in Canada. My nephew got suspended(from grade 6!) for gun doodling. The stark contrast of claimed social values with those aired in TV broadcast, cable and big screen theater is telling. It's no wonder every young boy has a gun fetish in light of the heroes our media outlets proffer.

I don't think our police are any more corrupt than our bankers or our politicians, they do however carry guns, clubs and tasers so the product of their corruption is generally more painful.

If our schools educated rather than conditioned we could eradicate such idiocy within three generations though I fear this is unlikely. We truly do live in a post enlightenment era.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #47 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdupuis View Post

Freedom.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #48 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I used to throw arisol cans into fires near populated areas of NYC...its one of the stupidest things I did as a kid and one of the few things I was never collard for. The local cops know my name, and most remember me shooting a kid on my block with a paintball gun, an act he called the cops on me for...

But i cant imagine this. I doodled all sorts of **** when I didn't listen in class.
A friend got expelled from college for drawing a picture of his classmates dead, see that I understand. But when a child who happens to be a bit different draws something that upsets an overly conservative teacher, AT WORST they should be sent home. I don't know what on earth got the police invovled.

Further what the hell did they find? Some bleach and goddam ammonia? because honestly thats gunna make as big or bigger of a boom as any other run of the mill household **** he could have had. At the same time those are two friggen cleaners often stored together.

What did he take apart old computers and the many wires scared the police? did he have a passion for soldering old boards together, so now they have to see if there is explosive potential?

Frankly, what the hell does the run-of-the-mill nypd officer know about pyrotechnics? What does he/she know about explosives? Can he/she even tell a real bomb from a bunch of random parts made to look (or not made to look) like one?

Rubbish
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #49 (permalink)

I'm gonna play war criminal! In regards to the post above and how electronics having explosive potential, small micro controllers are so cheap, simple and have so many different expansions you can use. The arduino, extremely cheap, can run wirelessly with the right items, can easily power a servo and is fairly inconspicuous. Not going to say how to make a bomb with it, but it could easily be done in the low $100's range; not saying the kid was doing this, but it is possible.
Disclaimer: I am not a lunatic.
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdupuis View Post

Freedom please.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat