mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
I am glad I am not a teenager nowadays

if I was, and acted the same as I did 25yrs ago, I would be getting arrested / detained / medicated / etc.

Boy, Not Making Bombs, Arrested for Having Things Cops Think Could Blow Up (And For Drawings That Spooked a Teacher) - Hit & Run : Reason.com

paranoia is what is destroying this nation
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I built and launched high powered rockets, constructed rail and coil guns, built siege engines, and had debates over architectural designs of public buildings with regards to the ability armed attack and defence of the area in middle and high school. (The high school I went to had these carpeted boxes in the lobby, which provided concealment, but would not provide hard cover. It was argued that in the event of a school shooting that such elements would lead to a higher fatality rate as students would naturally try to hide behind them instead of running.)

But now I'm feeling old... "Back in my day, authorities laughed, wagged their finger at us, and told us to never again launch a rocket to several thousand feet without the proper paper work."
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

So if I draw a glove with flames out of it, I'll get arrested.
Crap.
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
all work

I was about to post my childhood indiscretions and then thought better of it.

We live in a nation of morons run by apparent morons. Reason and logic are anathema to the legislature and enforcement agencies. Future-crime ala Philip K. Dick's minority report is the current fashion.

"The constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper" according to a recent president. Land of the free indeed...
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/20385390/fi

Quote:
The teenager was taken from his class at Cedar Creek High in Egg Harbor City after a teacher said he demonstrated behavior that caused concern. She saw him doodling in a notebook during class.

"He drew a glove with flames coming out of it," his mother said.

The discovery caused policed to search his home in this quiet, well to do neighborhood of half million dollar homes. They found electronic parts and several chemicals that when mixed together could cause an explosion. Investigators stressed there was no threat or danger to the school or anyone else. The school was thoroughly searched, nothing was found.

"He is wonderful and I'm glad he's my son," she said. "I feel blessed."

The 16-year-old was charged as a juvenile with possession of an explosive device. His mother is hoping a judge will understand the circumstances and let her son come home from the juvenile detention center where he is being held before Christmas.
so basically he is in JUVIE for DOODLING.

my high school had a science competition team and i don't think it has ever gotten into trouble, and that's a public school...

and the one in the article is supposed to be a science focused school? what a joke. good luck promoting science there.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good

Last edited by heinous; 12-30-2012 at 06:30 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oldbie

Well it's New Jersey, they once considered paintball guns to be destructive devices.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Ah, the joys of being 14 and discovering how god damn easy it is to make thermite. And yes it really does burn that hot.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

it comes down to parents and other people being to paranoid. it also comes down to people complaining that schools do not do enough to protect there kids. also comes down to group of people think we need to have less freedom of expression too. come down to what one person thinks in good taste what other not in good taste. comes down to this who has right to pick what in good taste when another thinks its not in good taste. so it comes down to what one person rules on said action. then what another will say. we have no set standers for anything. since we all have or own opinions how things should be handle.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
it comes down to parents and other people being to paranoid. it also comes down to people complaining that schools do not do enough to protect there kids. also comes down to group of people think we need to have less freedom of expression too. come down to what one person thinks in good taste what other not in good taste. comes down to this who has right to pick what in good taste when another thinks its not in good taste. so it comes down to what one person rules on said action. then what another will say. we have no set standers for anything. since we all have or own opinions how things should be handle.
i wish they would release the list names of the actual chemicals and electronics found in his home so i can judge for myself...

but THAT never happens...

i bet they found OXIDANE! THE CHEMICAL THAT KILLS PEOPLE EVERY YEAR!

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good

Last edited by heinous; 12-30-2012 at 07:08 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Stock Class Sauté

In college, my roommate and I were busted bringing our hunting shotguns into the dorm by our R/A. Checking them into/out of the campus gun locker was just too much hassle. He told us to be more careful and nothing came of it.

Today it would probably make national news and we'd be expelled.
Chefdave is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat