mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Try a coffee made with Robusta beans instead of Arabica, they are supposed to be less acidic.
and Robusta has twice the caffeine! Thats why I buy it, but its actually very difficult to find Robusta beans because its considered a lower grade.

As such, Robusto beans are rarely labelled robusto. Sometimes you see it has "expresso beans". Or any "high caffeine coffee" is really just robusto.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Another common source of heart burn from coffee is actually from the sugar, not the coffee itself. Coworker started having major heart burn awhile after coffee, and was trying to compensate with drinking less coffee with more and more sugar. Convinced him to drink black coffee and he was fine.

Personally I go for a range of coffee roasts, but generally stick with black coffee. I'm not a fan of having it so hot that it burns, but enough that I start off sipping.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

ONE HUNDREDTH CUP OF COFFEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Ef0ErCU1c
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

I like French Press but, am really not picky. I like to use the wife's fancy K-Cup machine to boil the water for me! I received a conical grinder this year for Christams and it is awesome! My little sister lives in the Dominican Republic so, I get my Robusta coffee beans from her. In the town she used to live in, Constanza, they would only roast a couple days a week. But, when they did the whole town smelled amazing!!!
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Raoul, Something to also look into is getting fresh roasted beans. I found that if the beans were roasted within a few days of me fixing the coffee then I get less heartburn. I typically don't get any beans that are more than 2 weeks old. I have a local guy who gets in free trade beans and roasts them himself....some days he brings me bags that are still warm...that is the best coffee in the world.

For those in the Gainesville,FL area looking for best beans around....and they deliver in the area free

Buy Coffee Online, Gainesville, FL Coffee Roasters - Tree City Coffee Roasters - Home

For those not in the area....they will ship and are still the best beans around
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I recently purchased a Bialetti Amazon.com: bialetti: Home & Kitchen . I swear it's the best coffee maker in the world. An added bonus for the preppers among us is that it didn't rely on electricity to work. You can take it camping and use it over a campfire, bbq, etc. As for my coffee itself, I like dark roasts, although sometimes I'll get a tin of Tim Horton's shipped down from Canada. I'm a double double kind of guy. Two cream/two sugar for those who aren't hip to the Timmie's lingo.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
AKA Baby Ollie

Send a message via AIM to Marmaduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckistani View Post
I recently purchased a Bialetti Amazon.com: bialetti: Home & Kitchen . I swear it's the best coffee maker in the world. An added bonus for the preppers among us is that it didn't rely on electricity to work. You can take it camping and use it over a campfire, bbq, etc. As for my coffee itself, I like dark roasts, although sometimes I'll get a tin of Tim Horton's shipped down from Canada. I'm a double double kind of guy. Two cream/two sugar for those who aren't hip to the Timmie's lingo.
How's that compare to a normal pump expresso?
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
eBay Feedback 5/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Fresh poooots!

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm kinda impressed by McDonald's coffee man...had a nice hot caramel mocha and it was surprisingly good.

Maybe the coffee I have at home is just really cheap bland stuff, idk.

Unfortunately I'm trying to limit the coffee drinkin' :/
Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
AKA Baby Ollie

Send a message via AIM to Marmaduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patar View Post
I'm kinda impressed by McDonald's coffee man...had a nice hot caramel mocha and it was surprisingly good.
I really used to like Jack in the Crack's coffee until they switched over to their "premium" blend. They used to have the Kona certified coffee, and that stuff was excellent for the price.

Otherwise I try to stick with local roasts/brews. However, if given a choice of somewhat larger chains I'd take Cutters Point or Tully's. Not a fan of Startbucks, and Seattle's Best is terrible. Definitely not Seattle's best. Seattle's best at sucking maybe...

We ought to start a coffee trading thread. Set it up so we can trade our favorite local roasts.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
eBay Feedback 5/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat