mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #41 (permalink)

Rock solid refs that attend to newbies, I refd for a couple years and quickly realized that making sure newbies had a good experience was key to growing the sport.
Cartah lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Post Whore

As impossible as I know it is this is my dream field

Indoor
Open Sunday-saturday
Pro shop on site
Showers an clothes room

Essentially I want to be able to treat it like a gym and hit it on the way home from work change out of work clothes play for a few hours shower and Change head home.
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I like to see organized fields and people having fun.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Addict.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Essentially I want to be able to treat it like a gym and hit it on the way home from work
this would be sweet, then you could seriously apply the whole membership thing from gmore70
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
The cool thing about Buddhist monks is when they light themselves on fire in Martyrdom, they don't hang around for 7 years to tell you they are burning.
Feedback Please!
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

I imagine that's actually the only way you could provide facilities and 24-7 staff and still make money. You may even to go so far as to say some sort of. Minimum time contract. Such as a year
Many gyms are already doing that. Or say you have a minimum time or a pay as you go plan which of course has a higher premium. The more time you sign for the cheaper your monthly payment. So on so forth same way a gym does
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Addict.

CCM Fan
and you would be able to go on slow days (mondays, tuesdays) when a lot of people wouldn't be around and practice your drills and such. I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
The cool thing about Buddhist monks is when they light themselves on fire in Martyrdom, they don't hang around for 7 years to tell you they are burning.
Feedback Please!
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

Or on days when it's nasty outside cause its indoor.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #48 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

I like everyone's suggestions. On the turn around time between games. Especially for fast games typical of speedball, I don't think more than 5 minutes should be necessary. Those that are still ready can dive right into the next game and those that need to pod up or get more air can miss that game while getting their gear taken care of.

By running them rapid fire, back to back, missing a game isn't as big a deal because the next one will start in 5 to 15 minutes at most and you don't feel cheated out of play. Whereas long delays between games makes the pain of barely missing the start of a game all that much more painful.

One time, my wife and I made it to a field's special pump only event on time to waste an hour waiting for the staff and other players to get ready. It wasn't until we asked to "walk the field" to study the angles and my wife whispered to me to bring my gun that we started. Everyone else was admiring each other's pumps and my wife and I played an un-reffed 1vs1 game. Only after did everyone seem to get the idea that we were there to play and not just to socialize.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
MCB Member

A simple way to make it better would be good organization. A clean layout with clearly defined areas that are easy to access and fluid. It should be a short distance between staging area to bathrooms, to chrono to field.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #50 (permalink)
Its a sport of honor.

Cheerleaders

Deputy Sheriff/Death Investigator.
My day begins when yours ends.
Fridaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat