mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Distressing something to make it look that way is actually a very labor and energy intensive process. Read... Expensive.

And actually distressed used items, that are actually fashionable, are extremely hard to find.

If you had an item that fit these criterion, then you could probably toss a big price tag on it. Why not?

Your woodsball undershirt is garbage. But I payed a premium for my closet full of used vintage car t shirts.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
The fashion industry makes as much sense to me as modern art...
They're pretty much the same thing. At least the fashion industry understands it's part of a commercial system.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I understand your comment on labor intensive clothing designs alpha but on the other hand. Many military grade and or construction work clothing is designed with as much care and labor. Only they do with the intention that the clothes DONT get holes in them. And yet so many of them don't cost nearly as much. Plain and simple they charged what morons will pay. And lucky for them a large majority of the world's population are morons. Look at television. Look at all the idiot shows that are on there. But they wouldn't be there if people didn't watch them. So people are idiots
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

I wouldn't sell my favourite hat for any less than four thousand dollars... it looks way more fashionably distressed than that label-made rubbish
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Heck yes and mine has a bottle opener attached to it so it's got utility lol
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I understand your comment on labor intensive clothing designs alpha but on the other hand. Many military grade and or construction work clothing is designed with as much care and labor. Only they do with the intention that the clothes DONT get holes in them. And yet so many of them don't cost nearly as much. Plain and simple they charged what morons will pay. And lucky for them a large majority of the world's population are morons. Look at television. Look at all the idiot shows that are on there. But they wouldn't be there if people didn't watch them. So people are idiots
No. First, you're selectively comparing elite fashion clothing to basic tactical or work wear. Instead, compare that 300 dollar pair of elite fashion jeans to the price tag of elite tactical clothing.... How much does a pair of crye pants with the infrared ink cost?

Second. You're comparing clothing that is significantly hand worked (distressed) to stuff that isn't. Compare custom or limited availability goods in any category.

Compare apples to apples, you'll find that prices are the same or similar.

Additionally, you're overlooking the undisputable fact that well-worn jeans (or shirts) are more comfortable. There's intrinsic value in that and people who recognize that aren't idiots.

Your language offends me.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

In no way for crye pants cost anywhere near 1600 bux. There is no justification for that other than people are idiots who will buy it. It's impossible to compare apples to apples because there's nothing that compares to this. And are you certain these are hand distressed. I have several pairs of designer distressed jeans that all have the exact same pattern of distress
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
They have a blue print for the distressing pattern. Every pair gets distressed in the same places. And not by a robot.

I was comparing a 300 dollar pair of jeans (a price that apoc tossed out there) to a 300 dollar pair of tactical pants.

1600 dollars might be tough to find. But there is a shirt out there at that price. Hell... I have a prototype jersey that cost me that much to make.

Can I point out the hypocrisy in you owning multiple pairs of distressed jeans?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah but I didn't pay that lol. Not even close to that per pair. Which just furthers my point that distressed doesn't equate to much.

And furthers the point that the only reason they cost that much is because they know the sheeple will pay it
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
What sheeple?

There's an unfortunate reality that people who can afford these goods are well educated and intelligent. In fact, I've never met anyone who has more money than me who is dumber than me.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat