mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

I need help with something that involves sleep and dreama

Alright, it's not for me.

My Girlfriend has had alot of bad dreams since we've met, all of these include us being attacked and killed and such, for example, her most recent one was about us being at one of our houses and these men broke in and attacked us and I was shot and I killed all of them but one, and she attackd him and hurt him an I bled to death and stuff like that. Most if not all of them are about killing and death and us being hunted down and myrdered.

So with that being said, she has a really bad eating and sleeping schedule, she reads stuff about zombies and vampires and supernatural creatures and so on.

What is wrong? I know we're all different but I know some things can be done to help this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Step 1: plant trees
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!

My feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by ogti9g9; 01-08-2013 at 01:41 PM.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
She's got serious paranoia that she should probably speak to a psychiatrist about. No meds needed, talking is the best form of therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

All right, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Step 1: plant trees
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!

My feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

also the diet can effect the way you dream
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

A third possibility is the old computer slang GIGO. Or Garbage in- garbage out.
There is a reason we don't let our 6 year old watch horror movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
She's got serious paranoia that she should probably speak to a psychiatrist about. No meds needed, talking is the best form of therapy.
uh what? how does having scary dreams equate to serious paranoia? I don't think you know how serious paranoia can be... it's serious when it seriously messes up your daily life and interferes with normal thinking and enjoyment of life. bad dreams like this is probably a result of a combination of a mildly paranoid disposition (maybe, but maybe not), disrupted diet and sleep schedule, some other stress factors in the daily routine, and reading too much scary fiction including the newspapers. Also, the neighbourhood might not be so nice, or other environmental concerns which are affecting the subconscious senses of comfort and safety.

want to help her? ask her how she feels about all of these things, and prioritize which ones stand out as the strongest factors, and then work to correct them. or, take it to a professional who can council you both on the matter.

Last edited by ApoC_101; 01-08-2013 at 05:04 PM.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think certain "bad" dreams are the product of stress, anxiety, or disposition rather than paranoia. Dreams are a summary of a day's thoughts, emotions, senses, etc, all blended together. The fiction your girlfriend reads plays a part in how her dreams pan out. People tend to put more meaning and emphasis on their dreams than what's really there. I think the best remedy for unwanted dreams is to realize they don't mean anything and just be thankful you have the capacity to dream. If the dreams are negatively affecting her during the day then she needs to talk it out.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogti9g9 View Post
Alright, it's not for me.

My Girlfriend has had alot of bad dreams since we've met, all of these include us being attacked and killed and such, for example, her most recent one was about us being at one of our houses and these men broke in and attacked us and I was shot and I killed all of them but one, and she attackd him and hurt him an I bled to death and stuff like that. Most if not all of them are about killing and death and us being hunted down and myrdered.

So with that being said, she has a really bad eating and sleeping schedule, she reads stuff about zombies and vampires and supernatural creatures and so on.

What is wrong? I know we're all different but I know some things can be done to help this.
it's time for an ADVENTURE

go on a camping trip or even a roller coaster ride. something away from everyday life.

it's all fun and games until she dreams about you cheating and then gets mad at you irl for it.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
it's time for an ADVENTURE

go on a camping trip or even a roller coaster ride. something away from everyday life.

it's all fun and games until she dreams about you cheating and then gets mad at you irl for it.
and pick lots of mushrooms to eat. guaranteed adventure success.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

you should ask her to go see a doctor. since her eating habits and sleeping schedule are cause her problems. most people do not know that eating habits could lead to sleep issue or here sleep issue are cause her to eat at weird times.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat