mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
It was a fix it ticket, but normally you would not have the bulb with you...I had to go to the cop shop and wait for them to "pass" it. It was an unneeded task, and a waste of my time.
Not that the desk Sargent cared, but I showed him the wal-mart receipt timestamped before the ticket was issued.
Just proves the ticket quota theory IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Around here that's a 'fix it ticket', fix the problem, get it signed off, turn it in, no fee's. This cop just sounded like he was having a rough night and took it out on you.
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #32 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
And they give you so much room to work in.
YES! I luck out, if it's the passenger side, I can fit my hand in the available space and make it work. My hands are pretty small.
Drivers side I end up having my guy do it. You have to unscrew the plastic guards for something (air I think) to access it. It's truly obnoxious. Thank goodness he's a mechanic and has all of the tools handy for whenever it may happen again.

idkfa-
Thank you! I've been really thinking about trading mine in, particularly since they finally started offering the skyactivs in red up here. 600 on a tank is pretty sweet. That's like going to Anchorage, then having enough to drive around until it's time to leave! I could get to Kenai without having to fill up, possibly Homer...

I don't really mind if it's loud for a cold start. I'd take a lot of pleasure in bothering the neighbors.
Good to hear it still handles like fun. The current one is the 4th Mazda I've had. The only one I hated was the 1998(?) 626. It seemed underpowered and handled sluggishly. Since then I've had a protoge and this 3, both drive wonderfully. I'm not going for leather- too cold up here, and if I ever get a dog, I don't want to have to worry about that. I like the black cloth offering as I have in the current one.

Totally with you on getting rid of the stock tires- their "all weather" never seems to mean anywhere that gets snow. I didn't look closely enough, but I think my winter tire rims will still swap on the new model. Yay!

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
All weather/All season = summer
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #34 (permalink)

If I remember correctly, Mazda 3's were designed with headlights that were enough of a pain in the *** that Mazda hoped people would take them to a dealership. Your standard H7 bulb should last you about a year though. If the bulb doesn't last the year, and you bought it from Canadian Tire it is covered by warranty. All of the automotive bulbs ct sells from the cheap plain ones to the D2S HID bulbs are covered by the corporation for a year, so keep your receipt.
Antinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinode View Post
If I remember correctly, Mazda 3's were designed with headlights that were enough of a pain in the *** that Mazda hoped people would take them to a dealership. Your standard H7 bulb should last you about a year though. If the bulb doesn't last the year, and you bought it from Canadian Tire it is covered by warranty. All of the automotive bulbs ct sells from the cheap plain ones to the D2S HID bulbs are covered by the corporation for a year, so keep your receipt.
Honestly, it has nothing to do with that at all - dealers make next to nothing on the service side.

It's all about how an engineer has to fit 10 lbs of crap into a 5lb bag, and make it look good.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Bacon? Oh God yes!

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
I got pulled over last year for a headlight out. The cop walked up to my car saw my wawa name badge hanging from my rear view mirror, asked me wich store I worked for said thank you for giving us free coffee and said btw you have a head light out and walked away.
: I'll change it for you as a thank you and I pay for Wawa coffee.

On a sidenote, I felt like I was changing the bulbs in my wife's car too often I started putting dates on them to see how long they lasted. I took back one that lasted 3 weeks and Autozone admitted that they had a bad batch. I'll do it for all my bulbs now.

I give my markers names.

WTB 8ci tank

New MCB Feedback

Old MCB Feedback
Kermitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Honestly, it has nothing to do with that at all - dealers make next to nothing on the service side.

It's all about how an engineer has to fit 10 lbs of crap into a 5lb bag, and make it look good.
True, and engineers don't always think about those of us who have to change the lights (or access points for servicing) when they go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermitt View Post
: I'll change it for you as a thank you and I pay for Wawa coffee.

On a sidenote, I felt like I was changing the bulbs in my wife's car too often I started putting dates on them to see how long they lasted. I took back one that lasted 3 weeks and Autozone admitted that they had a bad batch. I'll do it for all my bulbs now.
Good thought- it's practical to do around the house if you feel like all you do is change one type of bulb. I do that at work on some certain fixtures. It helps assess if the bulbs are getting the proper run time or if the ballasts are starting to go.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

You should try changing the bulbs on a '07 Silverado. The new body style headlight assembly does not come out by pulling two pins. If I was to try and remove the assembly I would need to take the grill out first, and that isn't happening. Luckly I have small enough hands (insert joke here) that I can get my bulbs in and out, but they never go out when it is warm. The passenger side I still need to remove the air cleaner box. They are designing things so most people have to take it to a dealer or mechanic.
JTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Probably the worst ones I ever delt with were the early Dodge Intrepid.

In order to get the assembly out you have to remove two screws. Problem is they were in threaded sleeves, those sleeves were glued into the plastic housing. After a few years the second you try to loosen that screw sure enough that glue let go and the insert turned with the screw.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
that's why they pull you over, so you know. I was pulled over once, because I had some brake light bulbs that were out. I was quite thankful for that.
When a bulbs out, your turn signal will tick inside, and flash outside of the car faster than normal between 2-3x more. thats how i know theres a problem with a bulb either turn signal, or tail lights/corner lights.

To the other poster:

but seriously, how do you not notice that you have a HEADLIGHT out???

Others complaining about getting a ticket :P

I give props to any cop who gives somebody a ticket for high beaming people, cellphones(illegal here in BC), and especially headlights being out/no tail lights on when its dark. Its unsafe, and just pure negligence on the owners part. Replacing a bulb once every 5-10 years is not a hard task. And a lot cheaper than a headache that they cause.
shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat