mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #41 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbuscrew View Post
When a bulbs out, your turn signal will tick inside, and flash outside of the car faster than normal between 2-3x more. thats how i know theres a problem with a bulb either turn signal, or tail lights/corner lights.

To the other poster:

but seriously, how do you not notice that you have a HEADLIGHT out???

Others complaining about getting a ticket :P

I give props to any cop who gives somebody a ticket for high beaming people, cellphones(illegal here in BC), and especially headlights being out/no tail lights on when its dark. Its unsafe, and just pure negligence on the owners part. Replacing a bulb once every 5-10 years is not a hard task. And a lot cheaper than a headache that they cause.
If it's dark, I don't know. Things start looking weird to me when something happens. During the summer, I spend more time staring at bumpers and rear ends of vehicles while at red lights to figure out if mine are still working or not.

Headlights have been getting cheep and crappy lately. Even Napa gets bad batches that hardly last 6 months from time to time. It's really not 5 to 10 years anymore with the crap quality.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
If it's dark, I don't know. Things start looking weird to me when something happens. During the summer, I spend more time staring at bumpers and rear ends of vehicles while at red lights to figure out if mine are still working or not.

Headlights have been getting cheep and crappy lately. Even Napa gets bad batches that hardly last 6 months from time to time. It's really not 5 to 10 years anymore with the crap quality.
My 04 maxima is 9 years now, and still running the original bulbs from factory. Parents 07 murano, still factory bulbs.

but when you pull into a parking lot, and your up against a wall, can't you tell that one side is not lighting up the wall? My headlights are white, bright, and slanted from left to right, and the left is lower than right, the right go up like / at like 30 degrees to hit the street signs. I think we have changed our 93 dakota bulbs maybe 2-3 times since we've bought it in 93. 20 years.. 3 sets if that. Maybe we've had luck with our bulbs in every vehicle we have owned, We've had a camry, celicas, dakota, f350, ect. never had a bulb replaced in under 6 years.

But it doesnt take much to just pull over, and look. Even when your scraping ice off your windshield in the morning, turn on the 4 way flashers and headlights and take a look before you get out from starting it in the morning.
shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
You are a (hopefully) licensed operator of a motorized vehicle. You are responsible for inspecting and safety walk arounds before each use. Not saying many people do it, but complaining about being held accountable for a burned out bulb is kind of daft.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat