mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Headlights, just can't win (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/223144-headlights-just-cant-win.html)

Greenmtnphantom 01-10-2013 09:24 AM

Headlights, just can't win

In short...

I got pulled over, headlight out. Put in a new bulb, something looked funny last night. Checked it out and the new bulb (Low beam) is on for both low and high beams. :huh::rolleyes:

Well at least it's working.

cirkle68 01-10-2013 09:30 AM

I got pulled over last year for a headlight out. The cop walked up to my car saw my wawa name badge hanging from my rear view mirror, asked me wich store I worked for said thank you for giving us free coffee and said btw you have a head light out and walked away.

The Flounder 01-10-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cirkle68 (Post 2588226)
I got pulled over last year for a headlight out. The cop walked up to my car saw my wawa name badge hanging from my rear view mirror, asked me wich store I worked for said thank you for giving us free coffee and said btw you have a head light out and walked away.

If you gave them free donuts he might have changed the bulb for you too!

JLuke 01-10-2013 09:43 AM

lol why do i never get pulled over by the cool cops.

Last time i got pulled over i got a ticket for my brow tint on my windshield which was half a freaking inch too wide, supposed to be 6 inches, mine was just barely over 6 1/2 inches.

And yea, burnt headlights are evil, how the hell are you supposed to know its out, light comes out the front of your vehicle so you assume its woking lol

I've lost count of how many times i've gotten pulled over or told by other people that i have a headlight out on my motorcycle.
It's a 05 kawasaki 636, one light is low beams and the other is high beams, normal driving only puts one light on.

martix_agent 01-10-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLuke (Post 2588235)

And yea, burnt headlights are evil, how the hell are you supposed to know its out, light comes out the front of your vehicle so you assume its woking lol

that's why they pull you over, so you know. I was pulled over once, because I had some brake light bulbs that were out. I was quite thankful for that.

Greenmtnphantom 01-10-2013 10:55 AM

Yeah the guy was cool about it he took my paperwork back to the cruiser and ran it for good measure, gave me my paperwork back and said have a nice day, no write up or anything just letting me know that it was out.

Mr. Hick 01-10-2013 10:57 AM

What type of car do you drive Nish?

You either have a defective bulb or you are having some serious corrosion issues in the bucket. Either way, it's bad. Headlights are getting to be RIDICULOUS when it comes to cost.

martix_agent 01-10-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hick (Post 2588272)

You either have a defective bulb or you are having some serious corrosion issues in the bucket. Either way, it's bad. Headlights are getting to be RIDICULOUS when it comes to cost.

the HID ones, yea. Standard light bulbs aren't that pricey though. I learned early on, that the super bright ones only last a month or so, and they're easily 5x10 more costly.

Mr. Hick 01-10-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martix_agent (Post 2588302)
the HID ones, yea. Standard light bulbs aren't that pricey though. I learned early on, that the super bright ones only last a month or so, and they're easily 5x10 more costly.

Agreed, but unfortunately most modern car's are equipped with HID from the Factory. Still, I think the last set of standard bulbs I put in my 2k4 Nissan Frontier (just plain jane lights made by sylvania) were $14 a piece. Pricey.

Greenmtnphantom 01-10-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hick (Post 2588272)

05 Mazda 3, looks like most if not all of the assembly is pretty clean, I'm guessing maybe something in the wiring but I've never been good at diagnosing electrical problems.

The bulbs for it at like $17 each. Just standard bulbs

The car as a whole is in decent shape, I'm hoping to get another two or 3 years out of it before it starts nickle and dimeing me and it's time to get another. Plan is to pay it off this spring and set aside what I'm currently paying each month for the loan for the next car.