mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Headlights, just can't win

In short...

I got pulled over, headlight out. Put in a new bulb, something looked funny last night. Checked it out and the new bulb (Low beam) is on for both low and high beams.

Well at least it's working.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
I got pulled over last year for a headlight out. The cop walked up to my car saw my wawa name badge hanging from my rear view mirror, asked me wich store I worked for said thank you for giving us free coffee and said btw you have a head light out and walked away.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
I got pulled over last year for a headlight out. The cop walked up to my car saw my wawa name badge hanging from my rear view mirror, asked me wich store I worked for said thank you for giving us free coffee and said btw you have a head light out and walked away.

If you gave them free donuts he might have changed the bulb for you too!
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
lol why do i never get pulled over by the cool cops.

Last time i got pulled over i got a ticket for my brow tint on my windshield which was half a freaking inch too wide, supposed to be 6 inches, mine was just barely over 6 1/2 inches.

And yea, burnt headlights are evil, how the hell are you supposed to know its out, light comes out the front of your vehicle so you assume its woking lol

I've lost count of how many times i've gotten pulled over or told by other people that i have a headlight out on my motorcycle.
It's a 05 kawasaki 636, one light is low beams and the other is high beams, normal driving only puts one light on.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post

And yea, burnt headlights are evil, how the hell are you supposed to know its out, light comes out the front of your vehicle so you assume its woking lol
that's why they pull you over, so you know. I was pulled over once, because I had some brake light bulbs that were out. I was quite thankful for that.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Yeah the guy was cool about it he took my paperwork back to the cruiser and ran it for good measure, gave me my paperwork back and said have a nice day, no write up or anything just letting me know that it was out.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

What type of car do you drive Nish?

You either have a defective bulb or you are having some serious corrosion issues in the bucket. Either way, it's bad. Headlights are getting to be RIDICULOUS when it comes to cost.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post

You either have a defective bulb or you are having some serious corrosion issues in the bucket. Either way, it's bad. Headlights are getting to be RIDICULOUS when it comes to cost.
the HID ones, yea. Standard light bulbs aren't that pricey though. I learned early on, that the super bright ones only last a month or so, and they're easily 5x10 more costly.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
the HID ones, yea. Standard light bulbs aren't that pricey though. I learned early on, that the super bright ones only last a month or so, and they're easily 5x10 more costly.
Agreed, but unfortunately most modern car's are equipped with HID from the Factory. Still, I think the last set of standard bulbs I put in my 2k4 Nissan Frontier (just plain jane lights made by sylvania) were $14 a piece. Pricey.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post

05 Mazda 3, looks like most if not all of the assembly is pretty clean, I'm guessing maybe something in the wiring but I've never been good at diagnosing electrical problems.

The bulbs for it at like $17 each. Just standard bulbs

The car as a whole is in decent shape, I'm hoping to get another two or 3 years out of it before it starts nickle and dimeing me and it's time to get another. Plan is to pay it off this spring and set aside what I'm currently paying each month for the loan for the next car.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat