mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defect View Post
30% through the book now and I unfortunately have to stop. It's too casually written, everyone in the book happens to be professionally trained in multiple aspects.
That's my experience of most zombie books out there. The main character is always a former marine/Delta Force/SAS/Navy Seal/All of the above and just happens to have a military grade arsenal in the basement and just happens to know how to hotwire modern vehicles and just happens to be a master of every martial art...really it gets old. Part of the fun of zombies is the slowly creeping danger and the suspense and if the main character is nearly invincible it makes zombies about as threatening as children.

Last edited by Agglet; 02-07-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ya I hear that. For me it's about the Everyman. Blue or white collar. Military or not. They have a good head on their shoulders. Maybe did pretty decent in the military. Maybe they have a 45 in their night table. But what is the fun of expecting the character to live after 4 pages into the book where it's well established they were recon or rangers and spent years amassing an arsenal?

eBay Feedback
MCB Feedback +4
Defect is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat